Crash on first use

Hi all… im a newish user of Cantabile to insert plugs into Voicemeeter inserts (which works great)
However it seems that after a PC restart (or first start of day) cantabile always crashes on first startup…it seems fine after that…bizarrely…
what can I send to make tracking it down easier? I tried to attach the last crash report I can locate but as a new user I cant upload …the last thing it does is try to load waves plugins before crashing…
Thanks !

so six months later…its STILL crashing on first start , and fine after that…any help on this please?

Hi @wakevortex ,

have you checked that Voicemeeter is actually running when you launch Cantabile?

On my PC, after a restart, I have to first start Voicemeeter, then run Cantabile. You can configure Voicemeeter to autostart, if you want.

I would also try to restart the audio engine on Voicemeeter before running Cantabile, just to check if this does produce any change.

Gabriel

Moreover, it could be useful to have a look into the log file from the crash.

Immediately after the crash, restart Cantabile and select
Tools → Open Settings Folder

In the Settings Folder, look for the file “log-previous.txt”, it is the log from the previous time you run Cantabile. You could post it here, if you want.

Gabriel

EDIT: Sorry, I didn’t read your first post carefully. You already know about the log file. Anyway, if you still can’t upload it here, you could place it on a cloud and give us the link.

Try starting things up using anything but waves plugins!

FWIW, I have noticed that no matter how may times Cantabile has scanned the installed plugins (maybe even if you are not using Waves plugins in your song, though I am not 100% sure about this) the Waves “shell” is called at every start (you can spot it because the mouse pointer changes into a “W”).
Maybe uninstalling/reinstalling Waves stuff could be of help. I also second the suggestion to try without Waves (after uninstalling).

Gabriel