Corky's Guitar Amp Sim Tips and Tweaks Page šŸŽø

OOPS! I got it in an emailā€¦code is ā€œSOLDANO70ā€. Apply it on checkout.

That gets DC30 back down around the $40 hood again, rightā€¦

1 Like

Havenā€™t tried it, but will in a fewā€¦

OKā€¦tried the DC30, but wouldnā€™t use the code, as I already have the DC30.

The best I can figure it out, this may only apply to their Soldano amp, which is the BST100 V2 SUPER OVERDRIVE GUITAR AMPLIFIER. It is really misleading. Sorry, didnā€™t know they were posting mistruths.

LOL, my budget is thankful the code does not work on the DC30. Iā€™m not a customer at full price and well, I donā€™t need this plugin even at a discount, but I do like it and probably would have bought it!

1 Like

The following Rack is one I made for the Mercuriall SS-11X. I made 42 presets that cover a wide array of musical styles. I use it as a reference when setting up particular songs. Unlike my Hammond presets, these are all in rack states instead of preset models.
Just drop your SS-11X into the rack. The DEMO version will not work on this, as nothing can be saved.

I made these presets on one of my Strats, which has 2 single coils and a humbucker on the bridge. I also used a Focusrite interface. The results may be different with other guitars and interfaces. The input/output settings, and the ā€œGateā€ settings will need to be adjusted to your particular setup. Again, I use these as a reference when setting up particular songs. Enjoy!

Mecurial SS-11X.cantabileRack (126.4 KB)

Regards

Corky

1 Like

I have that plugin and enjoy it a lot. Looking forward to what you did with it. Thx

1 Like

Two Freebies from Nembriniā€¦No iLok required !

2 Likes

Iā€™m was already trying them out as I saw them recently and the word was good here on their stuff. They have some other plugs too I saw. The overdrive here is nice and I think I will use it for a few things. The amp I need to try more but it is sturdy sounding and I liked the clean tone . Anyway thatā€™s what my old ears say. I plan to try the Chorus too. Thanks for letting folks know Corky! Definitely good freebies ā€¦

Dave

1 Like

@dave_dore

When I get a few minutes, I will post some presets with Crunck. All the freebies at Nembrini are DSP and are modeled with Neural Technology, just like Mercuriall and Neural DSP. I understand the new Guitar Rig and Amplitube used the same technology. It really shows in the pedals and amps. The Nembrini site, and downloads, are much more user friendly than Mercuriall. Big plus is the absence of iLok. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @Corky Iā€™m looking forward to it!

1 Like

Nembrini 70% off everything until end of May 2021

2 Likes

Overloud announces new partnership with Jensen Speakers - releases 4 Supercab IR Libraries

8th June 2021

Jensen Speakers has joined forces with Overloud to offer to the worldā€™s players a comprehensive collection of Impulse Responses (IRs) from the Jensen Speakers renowned Vintage and Jet Series, bringing officially licensed Impulse Responses to Overloudā€™s SuperCabinet.

Overloud says:

Captured with a painstakingly accurate process and Overloudā€™s exclusive technology, the Jensen Speaker IRs bring the tones of the legendary speakers from the 50s and 60s to the digital world, reissued by Jensen in its Vintage Series and including iconic models such as the P10R, the C12N and the P12Q. These speakers, used on countless hit records, are the true voices of the birth of modern rock music.

With the new Jet series, Jensen offers a wide assortment of modern, versatile tones ā€“ from the most articulate and sweet cleans, to powerful, cutting leads and high gain tones. The IRs of the speakers, such as the Blackbird 100 and 40, the Raptor, and the three models in the Tornado family, deliver some of the most fascinating varieties of tone.

Each library is a systematic capture created with 19 microphones, multiple poweramps and enclosures. The result is a wide variety of tones true to the Jensen legacy, ranging from 60s sparkling cleans, to the grittiest tweed-style crunches, up to the most contemporary high-gain leads.

The IRs of each available speaker were captured in a variety of both historically correct and modern cabinets. The speakers currently available are: the P10R, the Vintage Series 10" AlNiCo of the Tweed era, the P12/100 BB ā€œBlackbird 100ā€, the revered 12" flagship AlNiCo speaker and the C12/100 RT ā€œRaptorā€ ā€“ a powerful, vocal sounding 12" ceramic from the Jet Series.

Developed in partnership with Overloud, the maker of the TH-U Guitar Amp Simulator, the Jensen IR collection takes advantage of Overloudā€™s SuperCabinet, a versatile tool based on Overloudā€™s Fluid Convolution Technology, allowing you to combine up to four different IRs, EQ them, pan them in the stereo field, and increase their stereo depth in order to create brand new, totally custom cabinet tones.

Intro Offer: ā‚¬19 / $19 each (Reg. ā‚¬29 / $29).

YouTube.com/watch?v=uSQpIVZq0bQ

YouTube.com/watch?v=Qx_DXvp0dc4

YouTube.com/watch?v=69uDAQGYkEk

Read more atwww.overloud.com

1 Like

On Sale for $39 (regular $137) until July 4th.

2 Likes

Quick update: Iā€™ve cleaned house on my live amp sims - and Iā€™ve consolidated everything on TH-U.

Iā€™ve played with its amp capturing capabilities and found a couple of pretty nice amp captures that cover most of my bases - fender twin, marshal silver jubilee, boogie IIc and boogie tweed. Add to this the flexibility in creating complex setups and seamless scene switching, Iā€™ve been able to cover all of my guitar songs in TH-U nicely.

One twist: I donā€™t use the speaker part of the amp captures - I play everything through the same cab (the Framus Cobra - I like 25W Greenbacks) - gives everything a common ā€œflavorā€. Also, it makes it far easier to pick a fitting amp capture from the hundreds in the librariesā€¦

Definitely worth trying!

Still eagerly waiting for Igor Nembrini to release his take on a Fender Twin, though :wink:

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

Hi Torsten,

Just curious if you tried his new Acoustic simulator box, it looks interesting but I havenā€™t tried out. Any feedback welcome ā€¦

Cheers,

Dave

Iā€™ve been loving TH-U for quite some time. Still use it in my current rig. I did however, put a lot of time into the Neural DSP Gojira. I now have a good handle on it, and I am able to go from beautiful clean, to tube breakup, to ZZ Top fuzzy just by increasing my guitar volume knob. Although, I think the Neural version of the SolDano Slo-100 would fit all my needs, when Iā€™m able to fill my wallet again.

I purchased it a few days ago, but I have not yet put it in my system. Will let you knowā€¦maybe add a few examples. Nembrini likes meā€¦they have all my cash, I have all their products. Downloaded their BST 100 (SolDano), but havenā€™t tried it yet. Rehearsals and gigs are killing all my free timeā€¦not complaining thoā€¦itā€™s been a long time coming.

Havenā€™t tried it yet, but I use a similar principle in my acoustics setup: I have a couple of impulse responses from a Martin D45 and a Taylor 610E from 3Sigma. I load these into THUā€™s SuperCabinet, and they transform my piezo acoustic signal into something more beefy and natural - sounds really nice!

As I understand, Igorā€™s plugin is based on a similar principle - itā€™s not really a classic ā€œacoustic simulatorā€ that turns an electric guitar signal into an approximation of an acoustic (as the one contained within TH-U that I use on some songs). Rather, itā€™s an ā€œacoustic beautifierā€ - it takes a signal from a typical piezo-equipped acoustic guitar and transforms it, so it sounds as if it was recorded from a great acoustic guitar with a microphone. Beyond this, Igor gives us all the typical tools to process that signal; definitely a nice toolkit for piezoā€™d guitars.

For live use, Iā€™m good with what I can do with my impulses and the THU tool arsenal, but for recording purposes, Iā€™d definitely consider it.

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

That sounds like the magic sauce I might have been looking for to put my Variax acoustic sounds over the top. Theyā€™re just not what I would have hoped out of the box; the thing needs a lot of work.

Not sure if thatā€™s the sweet spot - the Variax sounds are supposed to sound like a micā€™d guitar (you can even ā€œmove the micā€ with the tone control), so an impulse aimed at piezo sounds may not give you the same mileage as with a true piezo sound. But definitely worth trying - the 3Sigma impulse response packs get you a wide variety of options, so some experimenting is definitely worth it:

grafik