Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

thanks for the answers, I’ll try to add a rotary VST with this feature… or maybe VB3-II…

thanks!
Ramon

Don’t know if it is still interesting after purchasing Waterfall B3, but it seems like it finally happened…

5 Likes

They’ve been teasing this for 3 years. Looking forward to try it.

Will be nice to use 1.4 generator 64bit without worrying about crashes.

2 Likes

Absolutely!

It might be heresy, but my current gig is all about synths, not organ, so I will stick with what organs I do have for now and save the GAS for something synthetic…

1 Like

Pray tell, what material are you doing? :wink: All original?

1 Like

You need to play more with your organ so you can embrace it’s pleasure.

:roll_eyes:

I think this may be the longest thread on the entire internet. :rofl:

That said… Was demoing Waterfall since it can be had for $49 right now and its separate Leslie plugin (which cannot be had for $49 right now) and kind of liked the sound, but underwhelmed with the UI. Then I ran B-3X d.i. into the Waterfall Leslie and liked that better than Waterfall into Waterfall.

In a separate deal running right now where you can buy the full version of IKM’s Mixbox for $29 I bit on it and found it includes a Rotary plugin. I tried B-3X d.i. into it and really like the sound. Very similar to the Waterfall Leslie but to me a bit more detail. I don’t know if its a dumbed down T-Racks Leslie that just uses internal settings I haven’t stumbled on yet in T-Racks and B-3X Leslie, but regardless, it really sounds great imo without much fuss.

Also part of the $29 deal for Mixbox is the full set of the well regarded Sunset reverbs which is normally an add-on. And you also get a free copy of Halo lite if you want.

[edit] So after playing with the Mixbox Rotary, I’m 99% sure its just the T-Racks 147 with some high shelf added.

3 Likes

same here!!

I may need to try and do a song that also sneaks some organ in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you missed this one …

Now that autumn has well and truly set in, I am working on the visual side, as I have to be honest and admit that a 59 year old baldy is not the best stage presence / eye candy … :rofl:

So have dug out (some of) my DMX lights and messing with some “Visual Synthesizer” software (expect a guide on the latter some time in the next few months.

3 Likes

I still have my old DMX toupee around here someplace if you want to borrow it. The “spin” mode and “a’skeered” mode are really pretty awesome, but I stopped using it after the “flapping sideburns” effect cut my ear lobe during a gig. The hair changes colors and includes blue, green, yellow, orange, violet, and red along with the traditional hair colors. Just say the word and it’s yours!

Terry

3 Likes

(Sorry, @Corky - I don’t post here in nearly forever and when I do I come up with something like the above. In fact, I came up with something SO like the above that it is indistinguishable from the above! My apologies, but at least I didn’t post THAT INDISTINGUISHABLE thing, because I know the rules around here. - Terry)

(Rules: “No Indistinguishables.”)

2 Likes

All the times I’ve been off topic, and you apologize? :rofl:
No need in starting a new thread to answer Derek. We are friends here, but I will shame you for not posting more! :wink:
I might need to try a DMX toupee but I think the old would shine through!

1 Like

That’s the real reason I don’t use it anymore.

Terry

1 Like

Dang it! I knew I had been missing something over all these years.

I am going to slap my slaphead for never having thought of a DMX controlled toupe… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Anyone an early Jethro Tull fan, as in the Benefit album? I embarked on a cover of To Cry You A Song and I’m wishing I hadn’t LOL but my version is going to have John Evans on it whereas the original didn’t…

1 Like

Big Tull fan. Nice!!

It’s nightmare because I started out way too slow and eventually it picked up the pace and got up to time but I’ve had to redo the beginning instead of just replaying the guitars… I stretched them because I didn’t feel like playing again, so being lazy has made the whole thing complete pain in the ass I’ll post a little later today I’ve almost got a rough track ready. You can tell me if the guitar sound too artifact-y and I need to do it over. I added a phase shifter to try to cover it up :rofl:.
I thought it would be easy but it turns out I’m really not as good a guitar player as I thought I was.

2 Likes