Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

Hi Sergio

1st of all, it is necessary to bind a volume pedal, if you have one, to the “swell” pedal within B5. It is really essential to the playability and sound of the B5. As you increase the pedal, not only do you increase the volume, but more “grit” is added to the sound. Many people don’t understand that, and use the volume in Cantabile, which doesn’t affect the amp in B5. Thought I would let you know, because some people have contacted me about the “break-up” sound constantly being there, when all they had to do was bind a volume/expression pedal to the swell pedal. All my presets are mostly clean sounding, and eventually get “gritty” as you increase the pedal.

My presets are made in Cantabile…not in B5 presets. This is a great feature Brad gave us. The big circle on the left is where my presets reside (called plugin snapshots). The far right circle gives you an option to rename, copy, or paste other presets. The middle circle is a lock feature to keep the preset from changing. The presets on the left are from the Cantabile presets, not from B5 presets.

To start your own preset, click the Cantabile preset box (big circle on the left) and choose an unused slot, make your preset, lock it, and save it. You can then add it to the list on the left. You can also load a preset on the left, use the menu on the right circle, choose Copy Program, select an unused slot, paste, and modify it anyway you want, then rename, lock and save.
You can add it to the preset menu on the left, and save and lock. It took me a little while to get used to the process…now I can fly very quickly through it.

Hope I explained it well enough for you. I have rehearsals today, and will be leaving town tomorrow, so if you need further help, I will eventually get back to you.

Regards

Corky

1 Like

Corky,

I used that method here and found that the Rack file was HUGE and load time was quite long. How did you get around that?

Thanks,

Doug

Thank you, Corky, you have been a great help as usual. If it weren’t you …
I apologize to everyone for my ignorance, compared to all of you.
I am learning, however, thanks to all of you with your interventions in the comunity.
I’m afraid you have to put up with me a little longer…
Regards
Sergio

1 Like

Hi Doug…hope everything is well with you and your wife. You never know in this Covid world.

The rack IS huge, but, I loaded it in a 40 song setlist at rehearsal today and it took a little while to preload. Once it loaded I was good. The thing with B5 is loading time has always been a problem WHEN different Hammond models are used. I do not change my presets while in a song. I load one preset, then use my controller to make any switching on That Particular Model…things like drawbars, percussion, and so on.

If you preload the rack, it really isn’t a noticeable when switching presets on song load. If you are still having problems, I suggest splitting the presets into different racks. When I put this rack together, I never thought it would take up so much room, but I can load presets in something huge like Keyscape with no problem. Let me know if my suggestions don’t work, and I will look into it further.

Cheers

Corky

Sergio

Not a problem. Ask whatever, and whenever. The group people on this site are very giving, and aren’t afraid to tackle any problem. I try my best to be as giving as they have been to me. :wink:

Corky,

Thanks for the reply and asking about us.

We doing fine and have lots of time on our hands for practicing. :wink:

I downloaded your racks to hear your ideas and to see if I had missed something. Your settings are excellent and I didn’t miss anything.

After our first session, I built organs with presets (C3 Snapshot method) and my load times were atrocious! I decided to take a trip back in time and go with one Hammind and one Leslie at a time (only now, I have a garage full of them), Like you, I have my controller set up to use all of the B5 controls and I run the audio through one of my Amplitube Leslies.

Since we’re not able to play in public at this time, I have all of our songs in a Master set list. To facilitate quick song switching, I load the songs according to which keyboard I need. I use the Hammersmith piano (in Kontakt) and it takes almost as long as the B5/Leslie rack.

Also, (and I think you’ll get a smile from this), I remembered an Acer Netbook sitting in the closet (that I had, stupidly loaded with Windows 10 a few years ago) and a commercial license for Windows 7 Professional. I swapped OS on the netbook (and also set it up to load Windows Updates) and we’re now using it to control Rindi’s Roland Integra-7.

It’s great that Brad has given us a tool like “Field of Dreams” (If you can think it, it can be built)!

Oh, yeah…. glad to see that you are gigging again.

Doug

I am definitely smiling. :smile: :smile: :smile:

we’re now using it to control Rindi’s Roland Integra-7,

That’s great !!

Brad is a Super Genius!! I have a feeling the new update he is working is gonna blow our minds, just judging by his posts.

Me too! I really didn’t realize how busy I was pre-Covid. My stamina isn’t what it was…getting tired before 6hr rehearsal is over…voice plays out quicker…and my confidence on keys is lacking. But, I hang in there the best I can. Lots of new venues have opened…and the gigs are 3hrs now, instead of 4, and we are getting paid more money. In a city where music rules, it is a necessity to keep things open.

Hi Corky (or even some of you who can help me!!)
Some time ago more than a few of you entered something that I still do not know how to do. I inserted corky’s Rack, but I still don’t know how to do the files. Such as “VB3_x64 1-Corky’s Favorite 1 VB3 1.4 IK Leslie.CantabileProgram”.
These files with the extension . CantabileProgram how should they be uploaded?
Forgive my ignorance, but I’m learning pretty fast…
regards
Sergio

Sergio

The presets are made for Cantabile’s presets which I explained above. It is a little hard to understand, but once you get the hang of it, you will be able to load all you want very easily.

In the screenshot example I provided above, I circled the right menu bar. In that menu, there is an option to paste the program into the VST GUI. Basically, you make a rack containing (your example) VB3 1.4. Paste my preset thru the menu option. It should show up in Cantabile preset window (the big red circle), and you select that preset and you should be ready to go. If you use the VB3 1.4 + IK, you will need the IK Leslie as well. Hope this helps. I am 300 miles from home for awhile, and not quite setup to give you a visual. Maybe in a day or two. :roll_eyes:

Good luck

Corky

1 Like

Imma lay some B-3X on ya soon.

2 Likes

Cool…I figured you were busy!

1 Like

Corky
I was unable to load the . CantabileProgram, but I wait quietly for you to come back, no problem. In fact, I don’t know how, but Vb3 1.4 I uploaded it… others, no!!

I wanted to tell you what I learned to do with the B5. I installed all versions of the B5, but I could not use Part1 -2 -3 -4 (visible at the top left). Basically I had to do a different download for each version of the B5. I did not understood this! Or are these Part 1 -2 -3 -4 used for other things?

A question: before making a mess, can I make a song with different versions of the B5? I also wanted to tell you that I’m going to upgrade from Solo to Performer: I had installed Solo to practice (before I had Performer in Cantabile2).
I see from your examples that you use Performer and I think that many of your functions I can install and view only with Performer.

One last thing, I think important: I took you as the main reference, I see that you help me considerably and for this I thank you, but if anyone else of the Community wants to help me, responding in turn, I would be very happy! The more experiences there are, the more I learn!!

Thank you and see you soon

Sergio

I did not realize you were using Solo, and for that, I apologise for not asking. You will need Performer to take advantage of my presets.
I hope this clears up the confusion.

Regards

Corky

hi corky, I wanted to let you know that I have Performer from today. When you have time, could you clarify the .cantalbileprogram extensions?
Sergio

Sure…give me a little time, and I can send you some screenshots. Will reply back soon.

When you can. Since I now have Performer, clarify me what “Status” is (which I did not have before), and the main differences (only the most important ones, I find the others slowly) compared to Solo. Hello and thanks
Sergio
(Rome, Italy)

@Sergio

Make sure you are using the last stable version of Performer, and that it is the X64 one.

Let me suggest this…this is where I started sharing multiple presets. It shows how to use the presets…loading and such. Instead of repeating this in a new form, I feel it is best for you to see how I originally presented it to the forum. Everything you need should be there. If you run into a problem after using this information, post your problem, and I will help you with it.

Corky

Corky, I have uploaded version 64. I will read the note (631), so I will better understand what I do NOT understand for asking targeted questions.
Surely I will have to say what I have in mind (many, too many things …), because I understand that I am running too fast.
I’ll let you know better what I want to “pull out” from Cantabile.
I am always afraid of asking futile questions and boring you.
Sergio

No need for fear. :grin:
We all had many questions at the beginning.

Thanks for the encouragement !!
I am currently practicing with the B5, creating my own presets, with and without your Rack to understand the differences.
Next time I will probably ask you a lot of questions about what is not clear to me and I will tell you better what I would like to achieve (as you say too, everyone has their own sensitivity) to share it.
Soon.
Sergio

1 Like