Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

That sounds like the winning sauce for a new VB3. Especially if it uses the old Leslie models. Sadly, though, B-3X has won my heart.

2 Likes

That house wrecker !!

2 Likes

Thanks Corky. I’m gonna need the old school rocker patches. I joined an “old guys with guitars” band. They all literally have flip phones and AOL email.

1 Like

@RackedBrain

Did you move to Memphis? :rofl:

Let me know if there’s some patches you need Richard.

Back to Cobblestone Lane off of Germantown Ext. wonder what’s there now? That’s where we lived 1985 to 1988.

Wow. I was just kidding about your “old man” Band. Sounded like people I’ve played with. Didn’t know you previously lived here.

That’s about 3-4 miles from where I live now. There are still houses there, but the area has grown far beyond what you experienced. I will be going very near there Wednesday. I will take a pic and send it to you.

The only Cobblestone off Germantown is Cobblestone Cove, which is literally behind where I am rehearsing Wednesday.

Maybe it was Cove. I’ll have to look at Google earth. Our address was 7007. I don’t remember what I had for breakfast but I remember every address and phone number. And lyrics to every commercial. So helpful.

Cobblestone Dr. Google found it. And the house looks the same. Yard’s gone to seed, tho.

1 Like

Yeah, a little on the shady side now. Was a good neighborhood in the 80’s. Now it’s surrounded by lots of crime. But, that has happened to many of the older neighborhoods here.

1 Like

If anyone is having a problem with B5 and Cantabile Plugin Snapshots, please contact me. I think I’ve found a possible bug in B5, either with the presets, or possibly the automation with C3 bindings. It has rendered B5 lifeless…no automation, no sound. At the bottom right of the GUI, the voices are at zero.
I am also thinking the preset is corrupt, as I’ve had a few presets do this. It is almost as if a part of the GUI is frozen, and unstable.
So, since I am super busy the next few days, I will revisit this over the weekend, and contact Arno at Acoustic Samples. Any input is welcome.

Regards

Corky

I’ve had issues with B5 not loading sounds on song load. I’m assuming that’s linked…

P

Thanks Pierce. Were you loading from the snapshots, or just in general?

I’ve got it in an embedded rack with just one patch loaded. When I load up the song, it wouldn’t play any sound… No snapshot.

Cheers.

P

Pierce,

Can you look at the bottom right of the GUI, and see if the voices are at “0”?

I’ll give it a look tomorrow, it’s missus bothering time in the UK now…
:wink:

1 Like

I had to reload my presets to get them back.

Yeah, I had to reload the UVI Workstation patch again.

P

Very Strange! I will be testing it further, but I suspect it has a problem with C3 snapshot, or maybe states within a rack. It seemed to start this when I added C3 bindings for the keyswitches.
I remember @dave_dore and I fought with the 1st version of B5 in a rack for quite some time. I will see if it holds up to the new rack I created. If not, I will contact Arno at Acoustic Samples. Let me know if you have more trouble, or discover anything. I appreciate your help.

I’ve been watching Bobby Whitlock’s YouTube channel when I get a chance. If you are interested in true Rock history, this is the guy who lived it. He is a Memphis born Pianist/Organist/Guitarist/Singer-Songwriter, and has played with many of the greats of the sixties and seventies. Most notable, is his work on Derek & The Dominos “Layla” album, and George Harrison’s “All Things Must Pass”. I chanced to meet him many years ago, and was a really friendly guy.

The reason I posted this, is because he talks about how he sets up a Hammond Organ.

4 Likes

A little more info on his Hammond settings.

3 Likes