Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

@Sergio, please - before posting a question on such basics, always check:

You’ll get 95% of the answers from there - without straining others’ patience… Cantabile is a complex piece of software, but there are tons of resources available - some assembly required.

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

David

I believe you are right about a bug. VST2 works great. From all the things I’ve seen, and tried, VST3 “IS” a problem. Several people, have complained, and I also jumped on that train. My T-Racks haven’t been updated recently, so you might want to update with the product manager and see if they corrected it. I will do the same when I get a chance.

Cheers

Corky

Hi Torsten.
I agree with you 100% !!
I had tried by myself looking for videos or explanations without finding the right rack combination.
The biggest obstacle to these difficulties of mine is the linguistic approach, English is not my forte.
I also emailed Brad, who gave me other valuable tips and tricks.
So, Torsten, thank you for your always kind help.
Sergio :+1:

Hey Corky, thanks for the confirmation! I just installed the Leslie and have been running the product manager regularly, so I’m pretty sure I have the latest version. Funny that during my Google search I didn’t see this issue reported anywhere. I guess I should submit a bug report to IKM. It makes me wonder how many people are using the VST3 version in T-RackS. I also purchased the Amplitube version (Group Buy), but I haven’t tested it yet.
Thanks - David

1 Like

The replies I saw were from several DAW forums. One person said it would work only when using a mouse click on speed switch. I will spend more time on it when I get through with weekend gigs, just in case I missed something.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Onscreen Keyboard not working after changing language

Hi Corky and hi everyone.
I wanted information. I read a post from you with @Pierrick about the Line 6 pedal, I know you use it. I’m interested in Line 6 for Leslie and others commands (e.g.: Fast, Slow, Brake, Sustain, up/down states) and volume / expression. Could you suggest a video or explanations in particular where I can understand how to “move” with Line 6 for its configuration? Thank you in advance!
Sergio

Hi Sergio

The Line 6 is setup in Cantabile as a Midi Controller. Basically, you can use the “learn” feature, or parameter learn to bind the Line 6 switches to whatever you want within the plugin. As far as state changes, I created a binding in the “background rack” to change states, since I use it in every song. That way it is universal to every song…no need to repeat the binding in every song.
I don’t use the pedal switches for Leslie speed (but I could very easily), because of the 55 years I’ve been playing Hammonds, most were fitted with a Half-Moon switch. So, it is a long gained habit, and I find it more comfortable to use the key controller “Mod Wheel” for Leslie speed. Just my choice. A few Hammond plugs have conveniently set the brake at half way point on the mod wheel.
I am not aware of any videos showing the process you are seeking. But, here is the binding info from Brad’s excellent manual:
https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/guides/bindings

BTW…if you plan to use multiple pedal switches to control many things, it would be smart to use a pedal with more than four switches, which is all my pedal has. My pedal is all I need, and conveniently fits perfectly under my rig, alongside my sustain pedal. The expression pedal on the Line 6 works perfectly as the “swell” pedal on all the Hammond plugins.

What kind of pedal do you have? I was thinking Line 6 because it also has the expression pedal. Does your pedal have it?

A Line 6 FBV MKII. It is made to use with Helix Amp Sim software, but it works well as a midi controller.

1 Like

This is the pedal I am interested in and I would like to use it as a Midi Controller

it doesn’t cost much, around 100 €

Yeah…I got mine at the local Guitar Center. It was a demo model and I got it for $60 U.S. I just got lucky that day!

This is from another thread. I thought to add it here for others who may want to try it. This was just a test rack.

1 Like

I am welded to my Roland FC300 that I have been using since 2008, so much so that a purchased a spare a few years back - and it’s quite amazing to see a device that has been on the market for so long, and you can still buy them.

But this Line6 device looks great for a smaller alternative

1 Like

The space I have under my rig is limited, especially with a sustain pedal. The Line 6 pedal fits perfectly next to sustain. It was easy to set up, like most controllers. I sometimes wish I had a few more switches, but I am doing very well with what I have.
This thing is built like a tank, and has handled the abuse well. I do have a heavy duty, padded case that carries the pedal and my Focusrite interface…no problem.

Does that Line Six pedal power up via USB? I have a Bass POD XL that I was going to use in the same capacity but I’ve lost the adapter for it.

Yes…it does!

This how I travel it:

Hi Corky.
I loaded your B-3X.1 rack to look at the various bindings you set up, to learn.
On my own I added something about the buttons (on screen, for now) for the Leslie Slow-Brake-Fast, (CC95 with event suppression and CC93 (Brake from the B-3X) for the Brake: It works perfectly and I saved the new rack with other name (associated with yours of course).
I wanted to ask you this: looking at your Bindings I noticed that it indicates 101-102 -… etc. with CC Switch (sorry if I express myself badly …).
As I noticed your photo with the case with Line 6, I thought there is a connection with the above mentioned CCs with Line 6.
Is that so?
I ask you because on Wednesday I get the Line 6 used (in addition to Arduino Uno …) and I will have to configure it. I read in your post where you said it’s not hard to set up, so I thought you could tell me if you need a reinstall program (the guy who sells it to me says they had it programmed with guitar rig.
I saw on the website that there is more than one installer file, but since there is not only one, I would like to understand which one to download.
Sergio