Controlling external Keyboard?

Hi!

I’m using Cantabile 3 and a Arturia Keylab 61 MKII. Sending Midi CC and controlling parameters of Cantabile works fine. For example I use the pads to activate/deactivate my backing tracks. But now I’m trying to use the bindings to control the knobs and controllers of my Arturia Keylab - without success. I want the pad to light, when activating the backing track in Cantabile. I tried this and many other things sending midi cc or notes, but the Arturia Keylab doesn’t react. When I use the Keylab in DAW Mode with Ableton Live or with Cubase there is no problem - the DAW controlls the Keyboard. But in Cantabile 3 I didn’t succeed. I tried many variations similar to the screenshot. Can anybody help?

You can control the MKII my sending Sysex messages. See these threads:

2 Likes

Those threads will definitely point you in the right direction, but if you need more help, or the racks I use to control the lights on the Keylab, please just ask.

P

Many thanks for the links! I succeeded in controlling the lights via Sysex messages. But I recognized my problem seems to be more difficult than I thought it is. Maybe you can help me.

In my song in Cantabile there are a few media players with backingtracks. One backingtrack is activated always, but there is for example one media player to play the vocals when the singer can’t come to the band rehearsal. I use bindings (pads) to activate/deactivate the media players (routes). But when I load the song I cannot see on the keyboard which backing tracks are activated. I tried it this way but it only lights the pads and I didn’t find a solution that makes the light go out when the media player’s route is deactivated.

I’m not at the computer right now, it’s late and I’ve just got in but tomorrow, I’ll put up the racks I use to do this sort of thing. You can then use bindings to reflect the state of anything to make the lights dance to your whim!

P

1 Like

Many apologies, as gigging life gets back to usual in the UK, my life has gone crazy!

Here’s the racks I use to control the lights on my Keylab 88 MKii, one for the pad lights and one for the channel lights, I’ve included all of them, just for ease.

Let me know if you need an explanation of how to use them.

P

Keylab Light Racks.zip (107.6 KB)

2 Likes