Controller Keyboard filters

Hi everyone,
im just diving into using my controller keyboards more, but I get some random things happening . These could be sounds muted, changed or efx applied when I didn’t do anything on screen.

I have a Maudio Key station pro and a Oxygen 88. Not being used at the same time :slight_smile:

Do I need to apply filters for all the controllers, just in case I have touched something by accident

TIA

I’m afraid so - unless you disable them at the keyboard.

Hi
I don’t have these particular keyboards, but on my keyboards I can disable the midi events that I don’t need at the keyboard to reduce midi traffic and reduce weird things happening. I then check the midi monitor at the input ports in Cantabile for anything else that I don’t want and filter it out.

Cheers John

MIDI Monitor what events are actually coming from the keyboard to confirm source then add appropriate filters. I’ve several M-Audio keyboards and have never noticed random midi events. Maybe factory resetting the controllers would help if that is the case.

M-Audio can certainly be guilty of issuing random events - once the sliders or knobs are a little compromised they get a mind of their own. A good clean with the appropriate substance would probably get you further than a reset, IMO

1 Like

+1 on Ade’s comment about m-audio keyboards acting on their own. I have a pair of 1st gen Axiom 61’s. The lower keyboard pitchwheel sends random pitch changes and doesn’t return to 0. Clearly the controller needs replacing. I’m on a waiting list at Syntaur for a working one to come in. Meanwhile I’m filtering out that controller’s pitchwheel and using the upper keyboard pitchwheel for both - which actually works fine for what I’m doing.

I went through this on my NI Kontrol S61 Mk2 as well.
Will