Controller Bar - step through color states?

Clint, thanks for those codes. I notice that when pasting from Windows Emoji or applying your codes, the result is always grayscale, even though it produces color when pasted into Cantabile. I see a few complaints about this lack of color dotted around the internet. Have you experienced this?
Cheers! :beer:

Rendering of color for Unicode characters depends on a lotta things! The rendering system for Notepad is clearly different from Cantabile, even though they are sitting side-by-side on the same system and screen.

Some of it may be dues to arcane “Variation Selectors” available in Unicode that can specify whether a character is to be rendered graphically or as text.

I’m aware that these issues exist, although I have no clue as to how to predict what might be shown …

“Some Day, this will all be Easy”

1 Like

Unicode behavior is certainly a little erratic.
I wonder what makes all the Key Cap emojis refuse to play ball, with the exception of :keycap_ten:?
:three: and its other single digit buddies are rendered in Cantabile like this:
3keycap while they present well in Word.
Back on the color issue, :arrow_forward: is supposed to have a blue background like this :arrow_forward:
The only difference is that the duff one is produced by the Microsoft offering and the correct render is produced in the forum’s emoji implementation.
Other transport control type emojis render ok, like Play/Pause⏭.
I don’t get it. :man_shrugging:t4:

Hah! While writing this post, both the text editor and the page render to the right showed this :arrow_forward: without color. After posting, color kicked in.