Considering Steve Hackett

I have heard them, and you are correct…he is like his old man.

1 Like

Yes, his current live band is pretty awesome, with Nad Silvan sounding pretty much as Gabriel did.

Interesting lineup, though. Unless I am mistaken, that is Roine Stolt (the Flower Kings) on Bass/12 String - ah, yes, the end credits confirm that!

Genesis lost their romanticism when Steve left - it was a far harder blow to Genesis’s prog sensibilities than Peter leaving, IMHO.

Steve really is a fabulous musician in all senses, and has an ear for dynamics and drama. Long may he continue.

2 Likes

That is my view as well. :slight_smile:

The guy is a genius and master of his instrument, but who plays for the song.

@Derek,
I really don’t agree. I know that Mr. Silvan is a nice musician and artist. But…
He is miles away from Peter.
Maybe some parsec. Or some galaxy diameter.
First tour with him on voice I was in a theatre in my city. Public was really involved, Turin is a city where Genesis played three times between 1972 and 1974, there is a huge fan group. Some cover bands (I played in one of them).
When Nad started to sing “Can you tell me where my country lies…” there were guys ready to kill him.
Luckily we are not in Texas and there were no weapons in the hall.

If you think that Peter is close to that, then we can chat about pumpkins or artichokes.

I’m afraid we’ll have to agree to disagree then. Whilst he is not a 100% facsimile (who would be?), I think he carries it off really well. All opinions are valid of course. :slight_smile:

How about Parsnips?

1 Like

They have to roasted within an inch of their lives of course :wink:

1 Like

I learnt a new English word.
And a plant (not on sale here)