Clone songs -- change names etc

I know there must be an easy answer to this, but I’ve a dreadful cold, and my brain is foggy. Plus, my gloves too big and the sun got in my eyes. :smiley:

I wanted to create a song template … and then, because I use Cantabile to track actual set lists and make all the necessary changes to both my guitar settings (via midi program change), I need to be able to copy the template, and then be able to change the name of the song (along w/ any tweaks) to whatever the song in set rotation is.

Is there an easy way to clone a template song – say one called, “Default setup” – and then make changes as needed?

Thanks in advance. I’m off to take a nap. This disease has me a bit wiped out, and I’ve a gig in a couple days still to set up for.

Sure, just create a song called “Default Setup”, and then be sure to do “Save Song As” after you’re done making changes to it.

If you want to be extra careful about keeping it as a template, go to the folder where your song files are stored, right-click the “Default Setup” file, go to properties, and select “Read Only” on it. That way you won’t be able to accidentally overwrite your file.

Oh that was way too simple, but that’s about my speed today – so thanks so much Robb! GREAT add about making the default read only!

Yep, that’s the way to do it! I have a couple of templates and sometimes just grab an existing song and “Save As”. Search through the forum–there are several discussions about creative use of templates. Torsten had several good ideas about template use.