Clear visibility for Actual song and states in Live Performance mode

Whatever key combination displays things (ctrl-e for on-screen keyboard, etc) adding shift removes them…

P

1 Like

There’s a mail out tip about this and there actually is a reason for it… it’s so that you can hit the / key and know the ticker bar is going to appear and get focused. Otherwise, you might need one or two keystrokes and a window re-arrangement to get to it. It’s the same for all of those focusable side panels (eg: Keyboard Ctrl+K is the same).

If you don’t like that behaviour you can remap the keys in Options → Hot Keys. Change / from View - Show Ticker Bar to View → Toggle Ticker Bar.

1 Like

Now I know it is ok for me. My point is how to guide people to this behaviour that, at least for me, was unexpected. The manual would be an obvious location, although there is a risk that you read the manual solution after having found the solution in practice, like me,…

It says:
“o show the Ticker Bar, select “View” menu → “Ticker Bar”, or press the slash (’/’) key”
You might add something on hiding the bar.

Looking again to the manual I see there is quite some updating being done, which is great!

cheers,
Joop

They just come by default as far as I’m aware. Actually they’re the names of the destinations of the routes, so in my case mostly names of racks. Are you not getting names appearing in yours?

Neil

Hey Neil, no, they do not appear to me.
I’m sorry, because these entries would be very helpful.
The colored line is easily obtained, never the vst text is not.
Maybe @Brad has directions for this?
Sergio

Aha - I think you might need the on-screen keyboard in “Compact” mode, which you can get by right-clicking.

2 Likes

@Brad Got back to this thread and it really is helpful having the colors on the on screen keyboard.
Unless I’ve missed it, I would like to throw two suggestions in the hopper:

1. It would be nice to have some text associated with the colors on the keyboard. “Piano Double”, Synth Lead, etc. - We could potentially use the comments for these?
  2. It would be nice to have some default colors associated with these (less useful than the text idea above).

Such a great tool…

1 Like

Regarding text on the keyboard, in compact mode it will display the name of the connected route:

I’ve logged a task to allow arbitrary text.

What do you mean by default colors?

Thanks Brad - That will help a bit with the keyboard in Compact Mode.

As always, these are simply “wish lists” from my perspective - I didn’t do any investigation into what other products do/use.

And, as always, thanks again for taking such great care of us. I couldn’t do 1/2 of what I do in a live setting without you and the community to help.

Regarding colors:

1. I think it would be interesting to have a “Default” color assigned to a particular plug in or even a rack. For example, When you assign the plug in, it automatically (automagically) applies those settings to the keyboard for a visual “confirmation” of the range.

This is most appropriate when you have a single purpose plug in like the Arturia Piano V could always be “pink” and the VB3 could be blue.

It definitely gets more complex with multi-channel plug ins like Omnisphere, Kontakt, etc.

If you wanted to define specific colors for specific “instrument types/categories”, you could do so by creating separate linked racks for these (e.g., I have a “Session Horns” Kontakt rack that is dedicated to those sounds so I don’t need to keep reloading Kontakt everytime I change the sample set.

1. You’d still want to override the colors/settings (there are always exceptions), but those would be less important if you.

2. The idea of using the comments field for the names is simply to make this easier. Again the default being the output name (e.g., Piano V), but could inherit that comment field text to make it more descriptive:

For example, in our Bruno Mars medley (Treasure and Uptown Funk), I have many splits across an 88 note keyboard in two song parts.

Dave - I never thanked you for showing me this. I had never used that menu before. I have been using midi filters to set split points. I’m not really sure of the benefits two different ways of doing splits, but I will be messing with it.

1 Like