Cherry Audio releases Atomika, their emulation of the Polivoks

Cherry Audio releases Atomika, their emulation of the 1982 Soviet synth Formanta Polivoks.

2 Likes

It’s a surprising left field one. I will check it out later. Some of the demos sound interesting

Yep agree. Looks like an angry synth, a bit like the OB1 and the MS20, but with its own peculiar sound.

I’ll definitely demo this. I liked some of the sounds on their videos and they seem to be unique and not readily made using something else. I actually don’t want to buy any more synths, lol.

[edit] This has a lot of really interesting presets!

I suspect Atomika will be a “love it” or “hate it” for most people. The “Starve” control on the filter can introduce all kinds of very noticeable and musical instabilities. Plus the filter is just downright raw to begin with, even with the drive on zero. Personally, I love it and have never heard anything like it, so bought it. I’m not sure anything can be more “in your face” than this one, the soundscapes it can do are surreal, yet it still manages pristine clear bell tones. Haven’t worked with the eDrum sounds yet but they sounded promising just listening to presets. AudioDeluxe has Atomika and coupon FALL2024 which saves $5.01 plus you get a freebie copy of Klevgrand’s Cassette. Plus no sales tax in the US.

1 Like

It’s Jekyll and Hyde synth, capable of delicate and soft pads leads and sweeps,
then be utterly dystopic in contrast.
I was able to replicate some form of a laser harp on this, it is brutal compared to the Elka laser harp. I love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I ended up buying it and have been loving it. I really suggest using the alternate skin with all the labels in Russian. Even though most of the controls are in familiar synth architecture locations, not knowing exactly what something is forces one to experiment.

1 Like