Certain VSTs working on one PC, but not another

I’m running Win7 64 Home with Cantabile 64 Lite.
I’m using the SAFEproject plugins successfully there, running my Snowball ICE through voicemeeter banana and then over to Cantabile and back.

I built my brother a machine to use as a DAW, Win10 64 Home with Cantabile 64 Lite. Better hardware all around. He has a Shure PG78 running through a Behringer UMC404HD DAC.
The exact same plugins are not detected on his copy of Cantabile while they work fine on mine.

They are 64 bit VSTs.

Any suggestions?

Hi @IntrebuloN,

It’s a bit hard to tell without some more information. Perhaps if you can send me a debug log of the plugin scan I can spot the problem:

1. Start Cantabile
  2. From the Tools menu, choose Scan Plugin Folders (Full) and wait for the scan to finish
  3. From the Tools menu, choose Open Settings Folder
  4. Close Cantabile.

From the folder opened in step 3, send me the files log.txt, log-previous.txt, settings.json and plugins.json and I’ll check it out.

Brad

I have kind of similar case. I usually name the folder where I put my virtual instruments…well Instruments. On my laptop all plugins are correctly recognized by C3, but on my PC none of the plugins in that folder is recognized. I found out that if I change folder’s name to whatever else then the plugins are recognized correctly. That baffles me, but I do not have any idea what causes that peculiar behavior. At the same time Cantabile 2 has no problem with that same folder.

Send me a log as described above and I’ll check it out.