Cantabile Solo Two Rack Toggle

Hello, I am new to Cantabile and am trying to set up a reverb effect that I can toggle on/off. I have set up two racks(I think that's what they are called) one with my normal plugins and one with the echo/reverb. 

But for the life of me, I can't see how to set up a key binding to switch between each of them. Side note I need the binding to be a press-and-hold so when I release it everything goes back to my normal rack.

Thank you for you time

V/R

Corack

Hi Corack, welcome to the forum.

According to your picture, itā€™s not a Rack, it looks like a Song, which is the higher level in the Cantabile object hierarchy. But never mind.

You donā€™t need to make two copies of your processor chain. Just keep the one with the reverb at the end.
Then you need to create a binding to the reverb bypass. In the binding dialog window youā€™ll find the toggle function for a momentary button.

More info about bindings here.

A word of advice: donā€™t write your text in a code window, itā€™s uncomfortable to read because of the scrolling.

2 Likes

Ok thx for the clarification on Rack, like I said Iā€™m new to the program. Iā€™ll look into that and see if I can map a key to the reverb bypass. Also thx for the link.

Sorry, but I canā€™t be very specific, as I use the Performer version, as do almost all users of this forum.

Be aware that Cantabile has a somewhat steep learning curve. This is because itā€™s a very powerful program.

There are also tutorial videos in the support section of the website. They have been made by Brad, the developer of Cantabile.

Paolo

2 Likes

All good man I am juggling a lot right now I had to learn Voicemeeter Banana, OBS, and DaVinci. I may just have to bite the bullet and buy it even tho Iā€™m not using it for music. I am using it to do E-Sports Shout casting.

Hi @Coreack,
if you are using the Lite version of Cantabile, then bindings are not available to you. Bindings are implemented in Solo version (with some limitations) and Performer (full implementation adding also ā€œMIDI Reflection and Bi-directional Bindingsā€ as detailed here).

Maybe you could use and external app to send a MIDI controller message to Cantabile (using a virtual MIDI cable like LoopMidi or LoopBe) and use the learn function on the reverb dry/wet knob to make it respond to the MIDI controller message, so that the MIDI controller message controls the amount of reverb.

If you are on Solo, then it is much easier and you could start from this video to get an idea of what you can do.

Gabriel

2 Likes

Gabriel,

According to the posted title and screenshot, it looks like he is on Solo.

Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 14-46-11

Youā€™re right. I should have read it more carefully. :+1:

Gabriel

1 Like

That was not meant to blame you. I read ā€˜Soloā€™ in the title and a bell rang. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like