Cantabile Network server, send pgm change?

Hi! I’m just changing to 4150, and am new to the network server, and to LivePrompter 2. I have network communications between the computers, but where should my program changes go out of Cantabile to reach the LivePrompter receive list? This is why I take forever to update, because invariably, something will change, that I don’t want. XD. Thanks in advance!

Hi Chris,

please see the help article on connecting LivePrompter and Cantabile:

https://www.liveprompter.com/help/help-mobile/advanced-help-v2/cantabile-network-connection/

If you want LivePrompter to change its songs according to Cantabile (Cantabile acting as “master”), you’ll need to have your Cantabile songs in a setlist, with the program numbers in the Cantabile setlist corresponding to the program changes in LivePrompter’s “MidiReceive.txt”.

No need to explicitly send program changes or to set up anything specific in Cantabile beyond having the correct program changes for your songs in the setlist - once you activate Cantabile Connection and activate “Change LivePrompter Songs” in LivePrompter settings, LP will listen on the network for song changes in Cantabile. Once it receives a song change, it will query for the program change of that song in the current set list and try to find the according song in MidiReceive.txt

Let me know if you get stuck - also, the Diagnostic function can be pretty helpful to get to the bottom of things when they aren’t working out…

Cheers,

Torsten

3 Likes