Cantabile and Alesis Vortex 2

Thank you everyone it is now working as I wanted thanks to all your help Dave Dore’s last suggestion worked for what I was trying to do .

2 Likes

Good to hear Clint, time to make music!!! :musical_keyboard:

Dave

is the gyroscope more usable in the V2 ?

Do you mean the tilt control ? Not sure what you mean by gyroscope . But V2 is the only version I have had and so far no problems with it

yes tilt control, I disabled it on the v1 because it’s useless

I haven’t tried it yet but it might come in handy adding a vibrato effect .I just move around to much with my controller to want to use it though . Pitch bend wheel and touch bar are plenty for me .plus all the sliders can be used for different things .I am sure someone uses it .

I disabled the tilt control as soon as I got it out of the box and have no intention of switching it back on. Silly feature IMO.

But it’s a great device. The keyboard is very ‘playable’, and the aftertouch feels ‘right’ to me. The strap they include is utterly useless - far too short, so budget for a replacement. I love the pitch wheel - within a few minutes it felt completely natural.

Last night I used the Vortex live for the first time and it performed perfectly. Looks damned good too! It felt great to get out from behind the keyboards!

2 Likes

I agree the strap is to short works ok for one of my guitars but feels cheap so doubt I will even use it for that . And now everyone in the band can’t keep up with the old keyboard player finally free of being stuck in the back line on stage .

1 Like

I still have the first version with Wi-Fi but modded.

I even have 2 of them, love them so much Hehe.

1 Like

I’m just jealous. Of the Alesis and the hair gel.

1 Like

The Alesis you can buy in every shop :wink:
The gel and stockings are top secret.

Funny, just yesterday I was saying to the bass player in my band how I would love to add a keytar to my setup but how I did not want spend yet more money on yet more music gear. And early this morning I was already up on the good old web and decided the Vortex might be a good choice , and suddenly pop up your messages. Is this a sign I should write a letter to Santa :pray: :pray: :pray: ?

And Santa will listen to your prayers, but depends if you have been a good or a bad boy !
:angel::smiling_imp:
Hahaaaaaaa :wink:

1 Like

Nothing but coal here. :tired_face:

2 Likes

Breathe deep the gathering gloom … Marley looms near … lol :ghost::scream:

5 Likes

I’ve been beeeeeeed. But maybe Santa thinks that’s good :thinking:

I think Santa likes that :smiley:

1 Like