Cantabile 3's Licensing System

Hey All,

Over the last week or so I’ve been working on Cantabile 3’s Licensing System - you know, the ugly business of license keys and serial numbers and so forth…

Anyway, things will be changing a bit in v3 so I’ve written up an explanation of how it’s going to work and the rationale behind it.

Read here: Cantabile 3’s Licensing System

Brad

1 Like

That all looks fair, and thank-you for being so open regarding your motivations and also for providing us with reassurances if for whatever reason Topten disappears.

My only concern would be if I need to reinstall before a gig in some remote place where I can’t get Internet access. I guess in that case I can use a backup license file; would I need to have done the offline activation for this at some point previously, in order to have a license file, or does normal online activation generate a license file locally somewhere?

Neil

Hi Neil

Thanks for the feedback.

I’ll write up the details on this in the guide when it’s released but basically there are two files - one in a well known location which holds the installed licenses and one which is the downloadable “.cantabileLicense” file from offline activation.

Double clicking the download file just merges its content into the installed licenses file.

You can back up either, both are json files and both are tied to the Windows installation.

Brad

1 Like