Cantabile 3 won't allow MIDI input settings on Windows 11 (the MIDI option is greayed out?!)

Hi guys,

I just purchased Ivory 3 and installed the sound libraries and Cantabile on Windows 11.

I was unplesantly surprised, that lates versions of Cantabile don’t see my MIDI keyboard (which is the NI Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk 1), that I’ve been using for years with Ivory 2 without any issues.

I tried everything to configure the MIDI input, but with no luck. The MIDI settings are grayed and don’t allow me to configure my MIDI keyboard as input device.

I started NI Kontakt 7 and the MIDI keyboard works flawlessly with other virtual instruments, but not with the Cantabile 3.

What exactly the issue is and why doesn’t it work?

How can I actually assing my NI Komplete Kontrol S88 to be the default input MIDI device on Cantabile 3?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Anyone with the same issue?

I think you’re using the specific Cantabile version that comes bundled with Ivory 3 - correct?

Here in the forum, most of us are using the full current version (Cantabile 4), which seems to be different in terms of configuration, so unless @brad (the developer) pitches in, it may be difficult to get support for that version.

Have you tried the free version of Cantabile 4 (see download page) to see if that will allow you to configure your MIDI device correctly?

1 Like

Hi,

First level support for Ivory Cantabile is through Synthogy, please email support@synthogy.com.

That said, there’s no MIDI limitations on that version of Cantabile. So long as the device is a Windows MIDI device it should appear in Cantabile.

Brad

Hi guys,

Thanks for trying to help! I found an additional option to add MIDI devices in Catabile 4. It is not so untuitive though, but I found it and it worked.

Cheers