Cantabile 3 Command Line Parameters?

Hi everybody, just a quick question:

Are there any command line parameters for Cantabile 3, such as starting the appllication minimized / in the background?

Thank you all and best regards,
Sepp

Hey Sepp,

There are a couple, but they’re mostly used for shell integration. I’ll write up something in the guide and can probably add a minimized flag if you think that’ll be useful.

Brad

Hi Brad,

this would be very nice of you! It certainly is one of my least urgent wishes. I just stumbled across this idea when I played around with triggers and opening external applications using a MIDI controller. It makes using your wonderful software even more versatile! (e.g. starting a favourite pc application simply by playing a “d4” on my keyboard :wink: )

So, for doing this (and maybe other stuff) I thought it might be useful to let Cantabile start when booting my pc and let it run in the background.

Hi Sepp,

In the meantime you can probably get Cantabile 3 to do what you need by using AutoHotkey. Definitely worth investigating! I use it to bring up and minimise a separate tuner window, amongst other things.

Neil

Hmm, was just about to suggest to create a Windows shortcut to “start minimized”:

Works with most of my “traditional” programs, but it seems that Cantabile refuses to react to this setting, even though it is a classic “one-window-app”. Otherwise, Sepp’s requirement would have been easy to realize: create a “minimized” shortcut and put it into your “Autostart” folder - done!

But it seems a number of audio applications don’t play with this “start minimized”…

Cheers,

Torsten

Thanks guys. I’ve logged these points and will get onto them soon.

To get back on this, is there a way to run an external program minimized. What is the parameter?

update: got it working by adding -min at the end :wink: