Can't enter a value to bind Song Output level?

Trying to set one particular song’s output level +4db. I don’t have an option to enter a value. And in fact, I’ve run into this before on other bindings, not with Master levels but occasionally on other bindings. Some have suggested that I just need to scroll to the right, but I’ve tried that. BTW I’m binding this at the song level, not inside a rack.
Alternatively I could adjust the Master Vol +4db, but I have the same issue. I’m on v 3072.
Here’s what I get. thanks!
Tom

Hi Tom,

This is usually because the Value field is under the notes column so try using the column drag handles to uncover it. Just a thought …

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave! Hmmm… I tried dragging the handles to see if something was covered but no luck. It’s funny because there is a blank column to the right of Action But I can’t enter anything there. I also tried clicking on the notes column and all I got was the notes field.

FWIW I finally got this to work and here’s how. I have an old laptop with an old C3 version on it (I’m actually running 3702 now but this old machine is 3072) which does in fact show values. My 2 newer rigs won’t show values no matter what I do. So I created a basic song on the old machine and set a binding with a value, then transferred that song the main rig, opened the song and the value column is now there. Copied that binding to the song I want it on and the value is still showing. Then I tried a new binding in another song and now the value column shows on all songs.
Very odd behavior, but at least it appears to be fixed.
Tom

1 Like