Can a scene change cause an IR loader to use a different IR?

I’m on Solo and no longer have a way to test in Performer…

Need to know if doing a scene change can cause Melda’s MConvolutionEZ (free) to load a different IR?

My guess is probably not since my understanding of scenes is that they are stored parameter values for whatever plugins are in the scene…

I haven’t tried it, but I see no reason why a state change couldn’t change it. I change tons of things with state changes. I would, however, use the loader in a rack. Makes things much easier.

Is a scene change and a state change the same thing? Pardon my ignorance, but still on Solo…

Semantics…:grin: Cantabile language. Other vst hosts use scenes in different ways, such as the whole song being a “scene”. A state change is a change from a current state, which for me can be a notes change, a preset change, an fx change…and so forth. Many uses for it, and works best within a rack, IMHO. Better yet:

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/guides/states

Thx for the clarification.

The thing that has me doubting is the fact loading the IR requires first selecting it from a folder structure. But then a recording DAW is smart enough to remember which one, so who knows?

I think I have an extra laptop around here I can load a Cantabile demo on and try it. I’ll report results for posterity’s sake. And LOL if/when it works, I guess Brad gets some upgrade money out of me!

Basically, I would have the IR Loader in a rack. Within that rack, I would have a state for each IR. They are selected individually by selecting the particular state (individual IR). So, if I have IR #1 in state 1, and IR #2 in state 2, I can switch the state to activate either IR. The Loader just sits there, waiting on a change. When you go to performer, PM me, and I will help setup a rack for you. But, be warned!..you’ll never look back. :laughing:

I chose Solo based on the idea of using it for a glorified stomp processor and it works great for that. Solo actually supports racks (in fact I posted a parallel bass amp in the racks thread), but doesn’t support states.

Now that I’m comfortable with the functionality of this version and wanting pieces of Performer, I’m guessing I’ll take the plunge soon enough!

1 Like