Cakewalk .ins File Exchange

Hi All,

I thought it might be an idea to start a category for these types of files and put some common ones here to share. I’ve only been using them in Cantabile a short while but am very pleased with how they helped me keep it organized and quick to get a hardware tone sorted out. I recently worked on editing the Roland RD2000 ins files that Wei Liang Yap created in 2019 for sharing out there and added the rest of the Expansion entries and The Programs section. There are long and short names.

RD2000 Cakewalk ins files.zip (36.1 KB)

Cheers,

Dave

Hi All,

Here are the files for the Roland Integra 7. There was no Author in them so I assume Cakewalk made them …

Roland Integra 7 ins Files.zip (89.3 KB)

Cheers,

Dave

1 Like

Hi All,

Here is one for the Kurweil PC3K which my friend uses and it was created by by Clif Marsiglio with OS v2.03 compatibility and tweaks by GregorDe.

Kurzweil PC3.zip (19.3 KB)

Cheers,

Dave

Hi all

This is an INS file for the Korg Kronos. It is my slightly adapted and apended Kronos Setup containing the additional banks and programs I have. A generic tool to convert your own Kronos PCG to an INS file can be found here: Korg Kronos Software Developers Resources

My Kronos INS file is here:
KorgKronosIns.zip (100.6 KB)

2 Likes

How are you using these? Can Cantabile use Cakewalk .ins files somehow?

(If so, there is the further proof you need that I don’t know everything about Cantabile — yet!)

Terry

Hey Terry,

You can use them when making a Banked PG select binding. When you first open the target window to set the number there is a button to load the ins file to have access to named bank select on hardware synths in dropdown menus.

SnapShot 3862

I used the feature to great effect to manage all the zone layers on the RD2000 Control rack I made for my rig …

I just put the .ins files in my banks and presets folder and located them and I was set to go. There is no reabank file spot yet …

Dave

2 Likes

That’s pretty awesome!

Terry

1 Like

Thanks for this Dave!! I have some Cakewalk files I’d like to try this on.

1 Like

Hi PepAX7 and Welcome to the Forum!!

I glad you found use for this cool feature in Cantabile. I hope to post more .ins files soon but I am waiting to see about some more features that may be added to the .ins Bank Select feature the developer Brad has on a big list of feature requests. There are lots of great articles and help here if you need more info or post if you have something to share or show or to ask questions.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave, do you know of a utility to create .ins files for different keyboards?
I have an INSMaker, it is very old and it has very limited keyboards it will process. It worked for my Kurzweil and Roland, but I’m trying to make an .ins for my Nord.

No John, the INSMaker is the only one I’ve seen. I learned more on how to edit and compose them here

Dave

Large collection of Roland instrument definition banks in a single .ins file

Roland ins.zip (662.1 KB)

Dave

1 Like

@dave_dore I have added the new V-Piano Expansion (German Concert) patches here https://github.com/yapweiliang/RD-2000.INS

3 Likes

Thanks for posting that @yapweiliang … and inspiring me to provide a link to my own …

… ancient (2004) instrument file for the Yamaha S08:

1 Like

Would anyone have an instrument definition file for a Yamaha P125?

My friend has searched high a lo …