C3 and MOXF-modes

I’m sorry - an MOFX-question again: Everytime I change a C3-song the MOXF changes from SongMode to VoiceMode. Why that? I don’t use any SysEx commands.

Hi Christoph,

What song bindings do you use with relation to the MOFX? I don’t have one but it sure sounds like there must be messages going there somwhow.

Dave

1 Like

Hi,

Are you sending banked program changes (MSB.LSB.Program), and if so what values of all three?

I don’t have a MOXF mysefl, but looking quickly at the MOXF Data list Available Bank Select/Program Change on Page 123, it looks like different modes can be selected just from the LSB, which can select preset voices, user voices, GM voices, drum voices, mixing voices and performances.

Whilst I cannot see anything in the bank program change values to select Song mode, I am wondering if selecting a mixing voice (which is only available in song or pattern mod) may put the MOXF into Song mode? Or maybe there is an undocumented value that does it.

And the manual does have the note

The Song/Pattern can be changed only via the Song Select (Song: F3, 00 – F3, 3F / Pattern: F3, 00 – F3, 3F).

So something to check to see if Song Select messages are being sent.

2 Likes

Oh No! I’m just as sorry as I’m stupid. The error was a faulty MIDI-routing to a second keyboard and back again which somehow set the MOXF to default (VoiceMode) again. Thank you very much for your helpfulness and your advice.
Learning never stops
Best regards from Cologne
Christoph

1 Like

NO it was not the reason - I’m getting nuts!
But I’m sure it’s my stupid mistake! I have think about that again from the ground up.

1 Like

Hi Derek and Dave,
finally it was my stupid fault - months ago I must have made some changes to my backgroud rack but I didn’t remember that. Torsten analyzed my setup and detected it - thanks to him and to you for your helpfulness.
Summary:
This issue is [SOLVED] and the problem was caused by me.:disappointed:

2 Likes