[Bug Solved] Media Player Replacing an MP3

What fails: If I open an existing Media Player with one MP3, remove that MP3, then add a different MP3 and close that Media Player, the file does not play. (I have encountered other variations of the failure mode, but the most frequent is “it does not play”)

What is OK: If I open an existing Media Player with one MP3, remove that MP3, close the Media Player and reopen it, then add a different MP3 and close that Media Player, the file does play.

May need some @brad assistance.

Hey Clint,

as far as I know that’s not a bug. The file you added after you removed the other is there in the playlist but it is not in the default slot anymore. So when you replace the file that way you need to open the hamburger menu on the media player and select the new song you selected.

original file before replacement

media player after old one is removed and new file is added, notice there is no track loaded yet

use hamburger menu to load the track, notice that (None) replaced your original file’s slot and the new file you added is directly below it. Selecting it will move it to the top position.

Another way that loads the file immediately into the top slot is to drag and drop the file directly onto the track field. In this case it recognizes that there is a file already there so it assigns a track number to the one you dragged over and moves it to the top of the playlist in one go.

It’s been that way since the start as far as I remember. Anyway, I hope it explains it.

Dave

3 Likes

Right. I can see that now (although is did feel like a bug when I was working with it).

I changed the title of this thread to “Solved” although there should really be a “Never Mind” (cue Emily Latella).

Thanks Dave!!

2 Likes

Clint,

I struggled with this non-problem when I first used the media player, not understanding its logic. Like you, I thought there was a bug.

Great Dave, always two steps ahead of us.

Noted - I’ll see if I can tweak it to make it less confusing.

Trello Card

2 Likes