Binding: How to change gain on a media player at specific position in timeline

I was able to bring the gain down to infinity using a binding Transport/On Position with a Gain Target action, but I’m wondering if I can use a binding to set various gain levels. I know I could just create different Song States to do that, but it would be cleaner if I could use bindings. Just wondering…
Thanks!

Hi Tom,

I’m not sure if I understand but this type of binding will do it with a momentary switch or a button. There are other ways using the timeline position that don’t use song states as well.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I was away from my computer so I couldn’t grab a snapshot of the binding.
Been able to use buttons without any problems, for example I have my master gain increasing by 3DB with one button and decreasing by 3DB with another, works rather well.
But I’m trying to do just the gain of a certain backing track based on various positions on the timeline, for example reducing a certain section of a track by 6 db, then bringing it back up to 0 later in the track. So I created a binding with the source as transport and the timeline position…but when I selected gain as the target, I didn’t have an option for the actual level such as your 0 DB. But it did bring the level down to infinity, essentially silent. Maybe I’ll try your way using a controller button and then see if I can change it to a timeline position.

I haven’t updated in probably 6 months or more, I definitely need to do that, but I don’t think this is a feature that was just recently added since then. As always, many thanks!
Tom

You can set the gain to any value with a transport position binding, I’d take another look at it Tom …

Best

Dave