Basic help needed - Please

Firstly please forgive me for my stupidity.
I use to run Cubase, and play live with it. Then life and covid.

I want simple clarification please that I can have say 3 vcts open, eg an organ a choir and say a cello.
I can in effect mix these sounds on a volume basis, and when I play a chord or solo line, all 3 vcts will play together as a single chord or line.

I feel fearful of asking as I have read so many of the technical things Cantabile can do. I just want to know it does this and is easy to do.

Just need to use to play with friends.

Please be kind!

Welcome to Cantabile!

Cantabile is a very powerful vst host. Yes, it will run multiple plugins and let you choose which ones you wish to play together from your controller. I recommend that you go to the cantabilesoftware.com support page where you will find a good manual and blog videos on getting started. And, there is always help on this forum.

Cheers
John

1 Like

When I first started with Cantabile I used the “Lite” version. I added 8 VST instruments into one song and only enabled/disabled on screen with my mouse (click the little box to the left - it turns green when enabled) to switch between instruments. I supposed I could have enabled them all and then clicked the S to solo the one I wanted.

To do what you are asking I had to upgrade to the “Solo” version of Cantabile

I used Cantabile “Song States” and “Bindings”. Each song state had a single VST instrument enabled. Then I used Cantabile bindings from the 8 drum pads on my keyboard to choose a Song State which had a specific instrument enabled and all others disabled. At this point I could close the lid on the laptop and different performers at an open mic could choose instruments as I labeled the drum pads.

This is just an overview, please come back for more specifics.

EDIT - just reread your post and noticed “playing with friends” - the Lite version with a laptop open will allow you to do what you need.

1 Like