Audiofront Midi Expression

Hi folks. I have some downtime between projects and I’m restructuring my Cantabile set-up and looking for some input from other users who are also using the AudioFront Midi Expression unit (https://www.audiofront.net/MIDIExpression.php).

I’m curious how other are utilizing this device. Do you put in the background rack, it’s own separate rack? Do you very the functions of the pedals? Dedicated pedals to each board/vst?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to resond.

Cheers!

I use it for changing song states with a Boss FS-5u pedal. I have it set up in the background rack and it has worked flawlessly for that purpose. The developer updates the software and firmware frequently. I am considering getting the Quattro to use instead as I want to start using a volume pedal for the hammonds.

The only downside is that shipping takes a while, at least to the U.S. I understand Covid has been tough on him for manufacturing and shipping.

• Paul

I have one. I used it for a few years, but then it kept losing its settings. I would do a firmware update and it would work for a while longer, but then have the same problem. I need to contact the company. I think they might work with me on replacing it. They were out of stock for a long while, so I bought a Logidy – three built-in switches and one expression pedal input. It’s been working great. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find one for sale online right now. Maybe you would have better luck. :slight_smile:

How did it work out for you with the MIDI Expression? I am considering the Quattro. Also, anyone knows how much hassle there is getting it shipped to Europe?

I use the Quattro and like it a lot.

I have 3 Moog Expression pedals and typically use them to control volumes of individual racks within songs or to provide the Expression CC that is mapped to a VST via a Cantabile binding.

I should probably put it in background rack but (mostly out of laziness) I have the selected the option to make the Input Ports available as binding sources.

1 Like

Regarding shipping, it was somewhat of a hassle getting it shipped to the US. The only downside of the product to me.