AUDIO PORT OUTPUT:Channel Disconnected:Win10

Hi Everyone!
Am Marco and am new on Cantabile (and on all the MIDI Softwares).

I am trying to figure out how to set the Main Speakers on Cantabile,
but the System says that the Device is not Connected.

Can someody help me please?

Hi Marco and Welcome,

Go to Tools>Options>Audio Engine on the file toolbar at the top and select the audio driver you want, it should automatically create the main Speakers Out Port for that device.

You can then check it by selecting Audio Ports in the same Options panel and seeing the names of the Ports. Those ports will be available to all songs you make.

I chose Wasapi Shared for this computer, but you can pick your sound card choice from this list.

Hope this gets you started

Dave

Hi Dave,
From the second screenshot, In Audio Ports I have Assignment: Not Connected, for any driver I choose.

Hi Marco,

Could you post the screen shots of your options pages like I did. If you have chosen the Wasapi Engine then the Main Speakers Out port needs to edited. This is done by selecting the port channel and pressing the edit button. Then you can configure the port manually. If it is “unassigned” then this is where you would select the hardware output. Below is the left channel of the Main Speakers Out Port open for editing. The Left channel is “Ch 1” on my soundcard. You set them using the “Assignment” drop down at the bottom of the dialog box.

Also here is the guide page on this subject.

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/guides/gettingStarted

Dave

Thanks Dave for your reply, I had to switch on the channels from here

and now is working but I cannot connect headphones.

Hey Marco,

What are the Audio port settings for the Headphones? Also, have you tried adding another Stereo Output route from the TAL vst to the Headphones. Just click Add Route below the Main Speakers route and add :

Stereo Out > Output Port - Headphones

see if that fixes it.

Dave

from Stereo output: None, Main, Metronome I think I don’t have any settings for that

What is your computer setup ? Is it a laptop with built in sound card or using a separate usb audio interface? If it is a usb interface which one?

Dave