Arturia Spark2 with Cantabile

Hi Cantabile People,

Did someone here manage to trigger 2 different patterns in Spark 2 please ?

I often play loops with my Fcb1010 thanks to Cantabile media players bindings but with Spark2 I didn t find the way.

I would like to create a binding dedicated to trigger the play and stop buttons from Spark2 main window… Unfortunately I didn t succeed.

Any kind of help Will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I usually trigger only 1 pattern from Spark2 at the time. Within Cantabile, the transport buttons then trigger Spark as well. So start and stop I trigger from within Cantabile using the main transport facility, and I trigger/start/stop that using two bindings in the Background Rack of Cantabile.

Never tried more complex things. Will give it a try and let you know

Ad

1 Like

Hi again,

I answer back to explain I finally solved the question for triggering 2 different patterns from Spark 2.

1. Add route > Plug in > Spark > Plugin Snapshot 1 = pattern 1

2. Create an Input port for the midi controller (cf red arrows on my screenshot) : my controller is a M AUDIO OXYGEN 49 (called KEYBOARD 2)

3. Double click on Spark to open the main view

4. In SPARK, hold CTRL + click the PLAY/PAUSE BUTTON : a new grey tab appears, then click the learn function. Press the desired note on your keyboard to trigger this action. (C O on mine). You’re done !
    Proceed the same way to learn the STOP BUTTON. (D 0 on my KEYBOARD 2)

5. Add route > Plug in > Spark 2 > Plugin Snapshot 2= pattern 2

6. Create a second Input port for the midi controller (cf 2nd red arrow on my screenshot) : my controller is a M AUDIO OXYGEN 49 (called KEYBOARD 2)

7. Double click on Spark 2 to open the main view

8. In SPARK 2, hold CTRL + click the PLAY/PAUSE BUTTON : a new grey tab appears, then click the learn function. Press the desired note on your keyboard to trigger this action. (E O on mine). You’re done !
    Proceed the same way to learn the STOP BUTTON. (F 0 on my KEYBOARD 2)

You’re good to rock !

NB : In this example, I also trig a cello audio sample with a button on my M AUDIO (CC 23)