Alias on a Rack Port is Not Being Resolved

I have a case (pervasive in my 987 Cantabile song files) where it seems that an alias declared for a MIDI port in a rack is not being resolved … i.e. converted to the “new” name for the MIDI port. May need @brad attention …

Here’s the binding in the song file:

Notice that the target binding point shows in the list view as "midi.in.Ctrl Min". However, the target binding point in the detail window is blank.

Here is a display and detail view of the MIDI ports of the target rack.

I changed the name of this port several times over the last 3 years, from MIDI In, to Ctrl MIDI In, to Ctrl Min, and most recently to RigCtrl. All others name changes (pre4100) went smoothly. This is the first such name change post v4100.

Here’s a ZIP of the song file and rack …

AliasOnARackPortIsNotBeingResolved.zip (119 KB)

Since I have a flock of these bindings in most of my song files, I’m looking at a perl script to bulk-hack the C4 song files …

Here’s another clue …

The bindings in another group show that the Enabled binding are being resolved, but not the disabled ones:

• The first, second, and fifth bindings were enabled and were resolved correctly.

• The fourth binding was disabled and never touched, and it did not resolve correctly.

• The third binding was disabled initially and the binding point was not resolved. However, I enabled the binding and it resolved correctly when I did that. I then re-disabled the third binding.

So … maybe there is some interaction with enabled / disabled bindings …

I have hacked all my song files where this was an issue, so it is no longer a problem for me …

Hi @Clint,

Thanks for reporting - I’ll check it out.

Brad

Fixed for next build

1 Like