Air Xpand! 2 issue (Solved)

Hi @brad & All,

I have used Xpand!2 for a few years as a bread and butter plugin. In my case I made several linked racks for guitar, strings, pads, pianos etc … All worked well most of the time but at some shows I would go to a song with one of the Xpand!2 racks in it and the plugin in the given rack would not sound. It happened on all the various racks I had made. It would load the proper patches and the routes and gain .levels are all correct but the plugin does not sound. This drove me crazy and I tried to track it down. What I found was that when this happened I had to unload the plugin inside the rack and reload it and it would then sound the expected patch. For the time being I have put song on load bindings in all those Xpand! 2 racks that cycle the unload and reload of the plugin. So far it appears to have rid me of the issue but I was wondering if any folks had thoughts on the original root cause and if doing multiple linked racks with the same plugin might be an issue that is showing itself here. Thanks for any thoughts. :slight_smile:

Dave

1 Like

Hey Dave,

I don’t really have an answer and this sounds like a nasty one to track down - if we can come up with a way to reproduce it I’m happy to take a closer look.

Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the reply. I will have to see about making a test that uses my racks and assuming you have a copy of Xpand!2 I could share what I find. It does appear to be working after I put the toggle of the Vst loading in each rack so I’ll start from there by removing it and seeing what happens.

Dave

@brad Just to close this out. I discovered that I had missed a procedure in my scheme for controlling the Xpand!2 plugin and when I thought I was controlling the level of the Rack Gain slider (outside) I was also sending a CC 7 stream to the rack and it was also turning the plugin up and down. When I finished the song that had this error and also finished the same song by pulling the expression pedal to zero I was turning the plugin cc 7 to zero and when I switched songs there was no binding or route that could send cc 7 and so no sound would issue forth. I am going back and double checking everything else that uses Xpand!2 and hope I had solved it but I am pretty sure it is. Thanks for responding, it is much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Dave

Hey @dave_dore

No problem… let me know if you need me to check anything.

Brad

1 Like