Added Plugin Disabled in Existing Parts

I’ve been meaning to ask this a long time ago, but have been managing through it.

When I have a song with a number of existing parts, and add in a new plugin with routing, the other parts have the plugin disabled or routing disabled. I am sure this works for some situations, but if I am wanting all the existing parts to make use of the new configuration, I have to go through each part to enable it.

Is there a method to get around this behavior?

This was a deliberate design decision so that adding new plugins wouldn’t affect the sound of existing states.

If you want the other states to use the new plug-in you need to manually enable it - but that’s better than accidentally adding a new sound to every other state.

Brad

There are situations where I need to rebuild the routing, or add in another controller Input, and it requires me to go through each state to enable every one. For a couple states it’s ok, but I also have a habit of using the song states for a large rack of presets I want to audition. There could be 20 to 30 of them, which means a lot of editing (which I am use to).

Is there a better way for me to do that?

Hi Lorne

Just a few questions…since you are using so many plugins/states are you using them as a virtual rompler? 30 plugins, or states for one song seems to be quite a lot (unless you are attempting a full orchestration, or a 20 minute multipart Prog Rock song) so I am not understanding why you would load that many at once, because you surely can’t play them all at once without everything being mush in a single output. Also not understanding “audition”, so is that meaning you are trying them out, or just selecting them throughout a song. Can you post a screenshot of what you are doing?
As far as enable/disable routes, that could be also done with bindings to a physical controller button, pad, or key note, without using the states. It would really help to see what you have going on.

Cheers

Corky

Hi Lorne
If you want a route or a plugin to be enabled in all states, then you can uncheck the checkmark about what is controlled by states:
If it is unchecked then any change will be valid for all states, i.e. if you enable the route (or plugin), then it is enabled in all the states in the song.

2 Likes

That sounds like the answer I was looking for. Thx

Don’t forget you can apply a setting to all states.

eg: suppose a new plugin is disabled in all other states, but you want it enabled in all states, then just enable it (in any state) then in the states panel, right click on the “Run and Bypass Mode” and choose “Update All States”.

“Update All States” copies the currently loaded settings for that state behavior to all other states.

1 Like