AcousticSamples B5?

I’m installing now, I will give it a try tonite

update

Holy Smoke this is way more snappy than V2.5 and half the resources on my rig. Nice levels across the keyboard no soft spots. I am liking it way better so far. More to check out but great first impression here …

Resources half what they were. Sitting dormant…using 11% .

My biggest complaint, the distortion, has been improved. Much more natural.

The Leslie is much more realistic and many more parameters to adjust.
All fx pedals on only spikes to 27%, but has a strange dropout noise. The pedals don’t seem to affect resources like B-3X.

First impression…this will give B-3X a run for the money. More Leslies, Tons of tone control sets going back to 1935 A model sn 305 recapped, which can be adjusted…amazing.
I will have to dig deep into this one. Much different in obtaining a tone than B-3X, Blue3, and VB3 II. Really digging this major update. It really has a great sound, and I’ve just barely touched the surface.

1 Like

Corky,

I’ve just spent 3+ weeks converting an old hot tub into a Cat (literally) Hotel and my hands are not working very well at all (only managed some big chords and a few elementary runs). As for these old ears, they nailed the sound of instrument that I remember from back in the '60s. They’ve perfected the digital cajones!

Doug

Wow! Hope your hands get better. I agree with you Doug, this was an unexpected knockout. They did one helluva job on this update. Glad @dave_dore gave me the heads up. @Torsten gave me a good laugh earlier, so this has been a remarkable day for sure. :wink:

The hands will heal and now this gives something musical to work on. My wife and I have not done any live music since March 14th and we’re fed up with the face decorations! We had hoped to play at a local establishment (owned by friends), but they had to sell their business! We did use the down time to enable my wife to get a pacemaker. Now she beats at a perfect 70 BPM! :joy:

2 Likes

Hey Doug, I can relate to everything you are saying. This whole situation really sux. I got to play 2 weeks ago, but was so ashamed of my apparently rusty performance. Glad your wife is good now. I know many people who have used the down time for medical procedures. I’ve tried to catch up on all the medical stuff I fell behind on. I have to be at the hospital at 7AM tomorrow for a procedure as well. Playing catch up is hell for sure.

We’ll pray that all goes well for you tomorrow. Have a happy Thanksgiving Day!

To you and your family as well.

Nice! Like VB3 v1 on steroids. Overdrive sounds great. I have been really happy with B3-X but I might finally have to pony up for this.

1 Like

This new resource load has made some C♪3 Song patches possible that I can’t pull off with B-3X or the B5 2.5 as far as resources go. With multiple other VSTi’s loaded the addition of either ones would cause some pops and clicks on smears and when I ramped the Leslie up and down every time but that is gone now. The Acoustic Samples new sample + modeling architecture for B5 V3 is a big improvement IMO. And the bonus is if you already had it then 2.5 is still there for those that need it for older recording projects or for those that like it’s tone. I am sure that for live I will be going to version 3 for the resource footprint and sound quality alone. I am crazy spoiled with all the good sounding Hammond choices we have now … :crazy_face:

1 Like

I am just crazy…but that’s for another thread. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::upside_down_face::tired_face::fearful::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@dhsherbert…out of hospital. Hopefully things will workout now. I am ready to Rock n Roll, after anesthesia wears off that is. :sleeping:

2 Likes

Try some Pink Floyd with the anaesthesia in your system - Comfortably Numb should work nicely :wink:

3 Likes

Yes…I could do that, but at the moment, playing the guitar lead would sound like Yoko Ono singing, that is if I could get my guitar wired up. :tired_face:

However, listening to a little Zappa would completely take me over the top!

@dave_dore

I’ve been sailing through the different models, but I landed on 1963 A103 recapped and recalibrated. I cranked the distortion all the way up. Full Drawbars. Holy Hammond! The late 60s came alive. I then added C3 vibrato, and Psychedelic Prog came thundering thru my headphones! This new distortion is a joy! Very natural and not overdone.

Corky,

It’s always good to be out of the hospital! Hope all works out well.

1 Like

Me Too!! Thanks.

WHY WON’T THEY OFFER A FLIPPING DEMO… grrrrr. I ain’t gonna buy without playing it myself.

Arno WILL NOT ever do demos. He has stated it several times, and it pisses him off to discuss it. It’s bad enough requiring iLok. But, this is a major update. They’ve changed nearly everything to the point it’s a new product. Gotta say I am impressed, but I’ve always liked B5 anyway. It has included their version of a few things from B-3X and Blue3, so he is listening to his customers. He included a few of my suggestions.

2 Likes

That’s fine, he can do what he wants but I wouldn’t buy a guitar amp purely based on demos and I won’t buy this- I have to play it. Heck, you COULD buy the amp and return it if you didn’t like it. You can’t return a plugin.

That is unfortunate, I’d like to demo it. You’d think it would be simple enough to do like Neural DSP does and just issue a 14 day iLok license for demo purposes…

And since the demo songs are apparently the same midi performances for both v2 and v3 and to my ears at least, v2 sounds better on some of the songs, it would be helpful to have a demo.