AcousticSamples B5?

Nice pedal, I’m thinking to buy one. I read the manual, nothing about Windows 10 compatibility. Any hint?

I have a Yamaha FC7 I use in my home studio and an M-Audio EX-P for playing out. The FC7 works well. I took it apart and reconfigured it so it doesn’t spring back up when your not pressing on it.

I am running it on Win10, 8.1, and 7. It is just another MIDI controller. Works well though.

Doug,

I have a M-Audio EX-P on my 88 keys keyboard. Unfortunately the 61 keys (Alesis VI61) keyboard lacks of the continuous pedal input. That’s why I am looking a MIDI or USB pedal. I saw a nice interface for analog pedal to USB MIDI (like my Roland EV-5) here, but they don’t send to Italy, except via Fedex, so i should pay $50 for the interface plus $70 for shipping, and (I think) VAT and other fees, at least 40% more. I watched Behringer FCB1010, but it’s too huge and heavy. Another interesting pedal is MIDI Expression Pedal EX3 by UK’s Beat Bars, it’s only a pedal, no switches, and comes about €170 ($150).
So the Line 6 is a good choice, once verified if works on Win 10 (it comes €85 quite cheap)

Uhh, I’m compiling purchase form :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really enjoy mine. Built like a tank, but small enough to fit under a key stand next to a sustain pedal. AND, is very inexpensive.

1 Like

Hey everyone. B5 has been updated in my Acoustic Samples account. There is no change log to what is different, but I though you would want to know.

• Paul
1 Like

Paul

I checked my account, and it also was updated on January 8th, but no change log, like my v2 has. I downloaded it but just says B5 v3, nothing else. I will check it out later when I get a chance, but looks like nothing has changed. May be just updating everyone’s account.

There’s an update to the IK Hammond too.

2 Likes

B-3X release changes :

Added 10 new presets from Kansas keyboardist Tom Brislin

1 Like

Yeah, caught this earlier last week. Sounds pretty good, but haven’t tried it yet.

3 Likes

I remember Tom on the Yes Symphonic tour - saw them in Manchester Arena. Fantastic gig

1 Like

Same here. I’ll download the file to check if anything changed.

The AS B5-V3 has become my go to Hammond. IMHO it is the best. For $79 you can’t go wrong. Definitely worth having even at full price.

2 Likes

Acoustic Samples Summer Sale is on until August 31 - 30 % off.

I know the B5 has favorable reviews on this forum, but how do their other products rate? Clav D9, V-Tines, V-Reeds. I currently use AAS Lounge Lizard for my e-pianos.

Cheers - David

I haven’t found a bad one yet, of the ones I’ve purchased. They all are stellar, and give a realistic sound, as if you are playing the real thing. Arno, the developer, is dedicated to the realism. I always purchase one during their summer sale. Do understand though they use samples and modeling, so there is a longer loading time than Lounge Lizard, which is modeled. I use them live, and if I preload the setlist, they are mostly instant in loading. I do run Win10, 16 GB Ram and an SSD drive, but I find even Omnisphere being an instant load as well. All the Acoustic Samples on my Win7 machine (8GB Ram and standard drive) runs A.S. just as fast.

I have a lot of their products, including most of their piano offerings. I love Academic Grand. The guitar player in my band loves when I use A-Pian.

For electric pianos, both V-Tines and V-Reads are great. I also have Mark 79 but almost never use it anymore. It sounds ok, but doesn’t feel right and has almost no bark in the low register.

I have Clav D9 and don’t like it. I much prefer the Clav in pianoteq.

• Paul

Thanks for letting me know about Pianoteq Clav, since it is also on sale for 30% off right now. I’ve been looking for a good clavinet VST.

Corky, thanks for the warning about sampled versus modelled. I will keep that in mind. In the past I’ve mostly used modelled instruments for performance speed, but with fast SSDs this may no longer be an issue.

Is the B5 considered a sampled VST or modelled - or a combination?
Also, do you need to use UVI Workstation to host B5?
I already own B-3X and VB3-II, but I’m considering purchasing B5 while it is on sale.

Cheers - David

David,

B5 engine is sample based, of course the Leslie is a modeled simulation. It’s not a huge library, about 1GB. And yes, UVI workstation is required, as well iLok (hardware or software).
I say this as a B5 user. Corky will be more accurate.

I bought the B5 last year out of interest but with these two annoying “features” (UVI workstation and iLok) I even haven’t installed it on my live computers.