Ability to play mp4 in the media player (for karaoke files)

Now these days more and more people start solo performing with karaoke stuff on ipad.
I think it would be a great addition if c3 could play mp4 files so the solo performer can follow his songs.
I think there would be a big market for it. Plus I’d love to try it myself now and then :slight_smile:

What’s the significance of mp4 over mp3 in this context?

viewing the karaoke text content

Karaoke…the death of live music. If you are going to run karaoke, just get a virtual player. Much better suited for that format. Excuse me while I vomit.:joy:

1 Like

Haha you may vommit.

Karaoke is not playing music. It’s singing.
So media files are not a sin? Or keyboard players, one man bands that run the lyrics and songs on their Tyros?

I’ve been playing rock, pop, metal, dance and so much more in a zillion bands in my life.
At this moment i play in 6.
But i must say it’s super to give shows with Karaoke.
As a one man you can’t entertain and play and sing, it maybe even dance all at once.
Besides Karaoke is a wonderful way to learn how to sing.
In this one year I’ve been doing karaoke I’ve learned more voice technique then in 20 years backings on stage.
Music is music to me, any kinda music.
Please clean up your vommit when you’re ready :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Besides, i think cantabile would be awesome in this purpose. Acting as player, mixer, and even synth for some added live music.

Really? I see it all the time:

So, you are asking for something similar to Ableton, especially with the mp4 support.

Never said that.

Nah. I will leave it as a reminder of things I should’ve never experienced. :wink:

2 Likes

Haha i understand your fear my brother :joy:
But really, it’s fun, it’s entertainment. As long as my crowd is happy, i am.

Wake up it’s nearly 2020 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Na i have reaper for that. With c3 it would be nice to have the playlist function

Quick comment on this: the problem with mp4 files is it’s a proprietary format that requires licensing fees.

One idea I had for this, was putting something into Cantabile that could use a third party tools like ffmpeg (which you download and install separately) to convert the files to a temp folder on demand to something that Cantabile can process. Just a thought - not sure how well it would work in practice though.

1 Like

Ah that’s correct, I’m using Captura as screensoftware, and they are also using the ffmpeg as extra to be installed encoding. Works perfect.