Update Gain Values

I have got a Problem with my Gainvalues
(null Audio-only Midi)

at first i open a preset/scene on my extern Mixer

then in the next Cantabileracks i will send some Gainvalues to specific Channels to customize for spezific songs
…sometimes it works but sometimes the Level from the preset does not Change

The Levels are the Values of the Rack Gain Sliders …
(example :one Rack for Voicelive and i will send the RackGain to the Mixerchannel)
is there a way to update/send the gain Levels with a comand after a little delay

Hi Juergen,

To clarify, is this what you’re doing:

1. From external mixer sending an event to switch songs/states
  2. Sending events to set gain levels
  3. The gain levels don’t get set?

If so I’d guess the song load/state change hasn’t completed by the time the events to adjust the gain levels are being sent. You might be able to fix this by setting the routing mode on the binding for step (1) to “Block Until Complete”.

eg: suppose you have a binding to switch songs, this will block the receiving of MIDI events until the song switch has completed.

Let me know if I’ve misunderstood.

Brad

Thank you Brad… for your help

but the way i do is the oposite…

at 1. i choose the x32 Rack Scene with my first Rack
at 2. i send values for the sliders in the specific song

so it sometimes need a little break between the 1.Rack and part 2.
(most time it works but sometimes the x32 is a little bit to slow and then it is to late for the slider comands)

bindings for the 3 sliders are on songlayer and so they are sometimes a little bit faster than the Rack switches

Also there is the Problem with the sliders…

my workflow (Imagination) is the following to adjust the volumelevels in the end of the songconstruction

…I will practise and play the song and coincident i will adjust the 3. Levels with my Rackcontroller

there is the Problem that the jump prevention not helps …it works a little better but it is jumping!

so i can only work in one way… but i want two ways

that means Controller slider are bind to the Rack and the x32 and every instance of the Group should have the same Information… what can I do for troubleshooting?

Hi @Juergen

I’m having a little trouble understanding exactly what’s happening here. Can you send me your song and rack files so I can take a closer look.

Brad

It is not so complicated:

1. Null Audio
  2. First Rack “X32 Scenes” sends Programchanges to set the Rackmixer on specific Scene
  3. the last 3 Racks are built to have 3 VolumeSliders that Save different values in different States

but surprise,surprise …today it works …no Problems ?? …I dont know what happens

Slider Jump Problem:

When i only work with my Rackmixer and Cantabile it works with Jump Prevention… but

when the xTouchController or the TouchEditor is working i have the 'Jump’problem

This is the X32 Rack…

I would like to Synchronize it with my Cantabile Sliders.

(not omny --it’s channel 1 …)
…but it is jumping and jumping…:tired_face::sob:

whitout the App or my Hardware Controller (linked via Lan/WLan) it works !(only the rack)
but then i can only work with one channel ! (or with cantabile sliders/ but thats not so comfortable)

With any Controller connected to the rack for better workflow …it is jumping around
and I don’t have any Idea what I can do :bulb:

…also i have tested it with one song (all other Inputs and Outputs off) with only IN and OUT MIDI X32 and only 1rack with this two bindings…same result

…if there is no way i also would save the Volumelevels in a Variable that was synchronized with my Mixerrack …any ideas how to solve my Problem so I can use my Slider App or anything else ???

…could it be a Problem with Curve Kind? …because I can not find exact values?

Have a nice Sunday
Jürgen