Its possible to make a "Song" Point to an Specific cantabile configuration?

Hey Guys This morning was playing around with Flash 8 in order to create a Menu Window with buttoms for all my 3 different configurations… one for when i use my Usb Interface, other when i use my 88 keys with Novation zero, and the last one for the Default cantabile installation configuration

my plan is that every time i start up windows this screen opens full screen mode and it show me 3 icons-pictures representing my 3 different set ups on the stage… so i just touch the screen and open the proper configuration according to the hardware available in each gig

But in order to Make Flash 8 load an EXE file the exe file most be locate in a specific folder named “fscommand”… and there is no way flash can point to a file outside this folder, making impossible to use the Shortcuts created for each configuration.

I discovered that i can place the song files in the fscommand folder and open them with no problems…but all the songs point to the Default Cantabile Configuration…

Its there any way i can make a song call an SPECIFIC configuration? or all the song call the default exe in the top ten software folder?
any ideas will be very welcome

I can’t help you with that… but could you show us some pictures of what you have build with flash? Sounds very interesting!

the menu looks like this…

if i can make this Run…its possible to create a template so other people can use it and customize text and pics… but cant find solution for the exe problem…

1 Like

Hi @manciamusic

Instead of putting an exe in the folder, can you put a batch file and then in the batch file include the full command line to launch Cantabile with the correct config name?

Brad

1 Like

ii took some weird aproach to open with flash the cantabile exe file on the TopTensoftware folder… goes like this:

i copied all the files from the top ten folder and pasted them in my “fscomand” folder located in my desktop… then run the flash menu and open cantabile.exe file with it and wojoo! open with no problems… the only thing is i dont know how to create more configurations in this new copied folder…
and flash is only acepting files with extention .exe or batch the other .CantabileSong

i tried duplicate cantabile.exe thinking that maybe it will created a brand new conf doing it… but wont work.

iv all ready created a batch file for the song files and works well but no idea how to make a batch file open a “shortcut” with no extention :frowning:

sorry for my ignorance … im not an geek in AS2 and i dont know how to create a batch file for “Shortcuts”

i would love if there was the option to indicate a song file open trough an specific configuration sortcut

Hi @manciamusic,

I’m not an expert in AS either, but I would guess that this would work:

1. Leave Cantabile where it is

2. Create a .bat file in you fscommand folder for each of your configs and in each put something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Topten Software\Cantabile 3.0\Cantabile.exe" /config:"ConfigName"

3. Have your script launch the .bat file.

If you can launch a .cantabileSong file from AS you should definitely be able to launch a batch file like this.

2 Likes

Brad You are my hero!!! yes it opens a new Config with out problems…

This is th AS2 code for the Buttom:

on (release) {
fscommand(“exec”, “brad.bat”);
}

And this is the Code inside The batch file:
@echo off
“C:\Program Files\Topten Software\Cantabile 3.0\Cantabile.exe” /config:“88keys”

let me tell you… All this stuff will change forever the way i organize my sessions and configurations … for sure…thanks for the tip!

3 Likes

Hello Brad! finally i will like to share with the Cantabile community The Flash Based Configuration Launcher i just created, it can be fully customize and works based on a flash projector or EXE file…so no need to have Flash installed

it works great in my computer…it loads in the start up and get full screen menu giving me access to my most used configurations for all my gigs and different set ups of devices

Free for everyone…i hope will be useful, there is Instructions included in the Zip file, Original Flash8 file included if someone want to edit it.

Cantabile Start Menu.zip (2.5 MB)

3 Likes

Looks cool! Out of interest, why do you need so many Cantabile configurations?

Neil

have 4 Keyboards…and 3 controllers… some of then have USB Others not… 2 of the keyboards are 61 keys others 88 keys, also i have 3 audio interfaces a 2, 6 and 8 outputs that i use according to the gig, also have an emergency configuration in case “Plan A” fails to load… and configurations for 4 different bands here in Atlanta and their mixers routing configurations…
play from Monday to Monday doing from solo Jazz piano to play bass and keys with latin Jazz bands

some examples:
Monday: Trio, need 6 outputs ( LR main Keys) (Bass-mono)( Click-Mono)(Stereo Monitor)(loads 32 Plugging)(Split for bass piano)

Tuesdays Morning Rehearsal: ( same session like Monday but just with the ASIO4 all and 1 stereo Output from my laptop.

Saturday Night: Full Salsa Band, 8 Outs routing Keys, Click, Backing tracks, Bass, Midi Loops, and 2 keyboards (24 Pluggings )

Amazing! I have enough trouble just maintaining two different keyboard rigs (home/studio and live), let alone all the different scenarios you use! Now I see why you need your selector! :slight_smile:

Neil

Hmmm, I may have to start experimenting with some configuration options - we’ll be playing at a festival this summer, with about 15 minutes of set-up time. Will probably not be able to run my 3 stereo channels in my live configuration; probably need to set up 1 or 2 mono channels.

So far, I was able to cover all different configurations purely by assigning virtual inputs/outputs to different hardware ports and simply differentiate my live and studio setups by selecting different audio hardware, but with such a different setup, I’ll have to start looking at different output configurations. But I guess I won’t need 8 different configurations; maybe just two or three.

I’ll start fiddling when we get closer to the festival - will probably also need to pre-wire and pre-package a lot of my kit beforehand to shorten set-up time. My main worry is having to deal with some generic stage wedges some unknown sound tech will mix for us - I love my carefully balanced in-ear mix…

Cheers,

Torsten

The flash Selector Menu its ready to handle that if you want to give it a try brother :sunglasses: