Cantabile synchronizes song settings between two PCs. How do I disable this feature?

Hi People.
I noticed that Cantabile synchronizes song settings between two PCs. How do I disable this feature? The two computers use the same license account.

No idea? Have you ever experienced this problem?

Hi Mauro,

I haven’t I think, could you give more detail? Are they connected via network or cloud?

Dave

My two PCs access the same Microsoft account on Windows 10 (Creators Update). I have also configured and active OneDrive on both computers but Cantabile saves the songs on the local location, that is C: \ Users \ (My User) \ Documents \ Cantabile. When I save a song with new settings on my laptop and go to open Cantabile on my pc tower, I find that song altered and not always. I would like the rescues to be different between the two PCs. It would seem like a sync through the cloud … How is it possible if I save it on the local path

Actually, I need the opposite lol If Cantabile has a sync feature I’d love to turn it on. (With apologies to John Lennon.)

I can swear to find routing configurations that I had saved on my laptop, even on the pc tower. The names of midi and audio ports on my laptop find them in the same open song on pc tower. I’m saving on the local path from both computers, so I was wondering if this feature exists on Cantabile.

What you say strongly suggests your Cantabile files are being synced by OneDrive. If you go to the OneDrive tray icon, right-click to Settings, then on the Account tab click “Choose folders”, do you see your Documents folder listed and checked? I believe it generally is, by default. If so, then that’s the reason it’s transferring Cantabile data between machines. Cantabile doesn’t do any cloud syncing it self.

If it does turn out that OneDrive is syncing your Cantabile files between machine, and if you want Cantabile to work independently on the two machines, you can either disable OneDrive syncing of your Documents folder (in the OneDrive settings dialog mentioned above), or reconfigure Cantabile to look in a non-synchronised location (Tools->Options->File Locations).

Neil

I’m with you Neil, it sounds like his entire doc folder is being cloud synced and usually that’s where most non system related Cantabile files locations default to.

Dave

On the pc tower is not checked the document folder. But I have to check on my laptop. I can try to move the position of Cantabile files to another directory.

Thanks Neil

Mauro

I’ll look better. Thank you Dave