Build 3242 and 3243 bugs

Hi folks!

My C3 crashes while doing the following:

• Changing presets in NI.Massive 1.3 (via Massive browser)
  • Opening NI.Absynth 5 interface

also there is no visual controls in all Pizmidi plugins by default
Am I alone? :unamused:

kind regards, Alexander

1 Like

On build 3242 here.
As per previous builds, Iā€™ve only ever got the C3 vst parameter controls for piz plugins (except the looper).
eg.

1 Like

Same here. On the Piz website it actually says, ā€œThey use the host-provided GUI for easy developmentā€, in other words they donā€™t actually have their own user interface - they use Cantabileā€™s built-in parameter UI.

Thatā€™s pretty much exactly how the Piz MIDI plugins look in REAPER too. Just a basic GUI generated by the host.

Wellā€¦
okie-dokie with pizmidi :slight_smile:
What about NI.Massive and NI.Absynth ?

kind regards, Alexander

Iā€™m seeing Cantabile hang when opening the Absynth 5 user interface. So not technically a crash - is yours crashing or hanging?

I only have Massive 1.51, and that seems fine when changing presets in the browser.

Neil

Mine is crashing :frowning:

kind regards

Hopefully @brad can investigate when he gets chance.

Neil

Hey Guys,

Yep some plugins donā€™t have their own built-in GUI editor so Cantabile pops up itā€™s own parameter editor instead.

As for the Absynth crash - Iā€™ll check it out. In the meantime, does this happen even with an empty set list and new song file? Wondering if this is related to a conflict with another plugin. That API (effEditGetRect) is pretty basic and I canā€™t imagine too much going wrong there normally.

Brad

OK, found the cause of thisā€¦ will be fixed in next build (coming soon)

3 Likes

ā€¦he says only one hour later.

:slight_smile:

Terry

2 Likes

Cool!

As for Massive - sometimes it crashes without cantabile crashing, sometimes not:

This happens when switching presets via Massive browser.

kind regards, Alexander