Adding plug-ins to a song without loading them into memory

Is there a way to add various plug-ins to a song but not actually having them loaded into memory when opening the song? Basically, what I’m looking for is to add any number of plug-ins to a song and then deactivate the ones I do not want to use without having to delete them from the song AND without them being loaded into memory.

As far as I see it, the existing “disable” function for plug-ins (green/orange LED) is simply designed to stop the plug-in from being used/heard, but it is still loaded into memory.

For me, this would be useful when experimenting with using different instruments. Suppose I have all these different plug-ins loaded and at one point and then I decide to give just one of them a go during band practice (or a live performance). So I simply deactivate all the plug-ins I do not need. Then next time, I might try out a different plug-in, deactivating the previous active plug-in and activating the one I want to use this time, etc. The problem with the current “disable” function is that the plug-in is remains loaded into memory, making it longer to load the song and using up precious memory.

Thanks,
Herman

Hi Herman,

Have you tried right clicking on the plugin you want to unload and select unload. The green icon will now be grey.

Dave

Thanks so much Dave, I will give that a try!