Acoustic Samples & UVI sound engine problem with C3

Hello.
Fairly new to Cantabile.
Was using VST’s in a daw for years. Cantabile is so much easier to set up / use !!
Any way I just purchased Acoustic Samples B5-v2. Install went well but, upon starting
the UVI vst sound engine to load B5-v2 my cpu load meter shot up to 35% and stayed there
without touching the keys yet !!
Then trying to play the vst nothing but pops and clicks and the load meter at 285 % !!
I reset my buffer from 64 to 1024 to get most of the unwanted noise to stop. But the latency makes it unplayable and the load meter is still at 90%. Normally the meter never goes above 35% with multiple VST instruments and effects running.
I believe there is something wrong with the UVI sound engine as every other VST I have works perfectly in Cantabile.
I’m hoping this will get figured out soon . This is the best sounding tone wheel VST I’ve
ever heard.

Hi Don,

Could you give a little more about your system? memory size, CPU speed, Audio interface etc …
Also have you tried loading into a DAW to see if same results? Just trying to get some idea of what’s causing it.

Thanks

Dave

Hello Dave.
Well I figured it out and I just finished letting AS know.
I’m running a Lenovo T-430 I7 3.14 Ghz. 8 gigs ram.
I tried running the UVI workstation in stand alone mode and it was worse ?
I started looking through the settings on that interface and just for fun changed it to the Windows sound driver. The pops & clicks were gone !!
I immediately shut that down and fired up Cantabile, changed the sound driver in the options menu and loaded my saved song. Viola ! Sound is nice and smooth.
I still have to run my buffer at 128. But now the load meter maxes out at 60%.
Thanks for your quick reply.
DonH

Great news Don, glad it got sorted!

Dave

That’s often the way - the difference between good and bad audio drivers can be enormous!! Glad you solved it!

Neil