A question about downloading updates

I looked and didn’t see any topics relating to this, though I suspect there may be one. I haven’t downloaded any of the last few new versions because I haven’t really felt the need to- everything I need is working so why mess with it :wink: Now, my current paid upgrade period is up in a couple months I think. I expect I’ll renew because I think Brad deserves the money, but in the event that I’m in a situation where maybe I decide to slide for a while and invest elsewhere (frankly as I said updates are not a major concern at the moment), would I be able to retroactively go back and add those updates later should I feel the need to? Basically, to get current up to the point where my subscription ended after the actual period ends? Or might there be a way to download those as archived files to have on hand but not installed? Just curious how that would work. Or should I just get current while I can?

Actually, this may be a very moot point now because I’m going to download Build 3500… though I’d still be interested to know the answer.

EDIT- and in so-doing I’ve reminded myself that one can just download the new EXE files and keep them around without actually installing. So that, plus roll-back capability really renders the question moot. Let’s just delete the whole thing. I’m sleep deprived :smiley: :smiley:

Hi, Fred

I lapsed earlier this year as I didn’t need to update, and reinstated it later, when I felt the need. Worked like a treat. And as you say, Brad deserves the income for this great tool :slight_smile: but it is nice to have the flexibility on maintenance as well.

Hi @FredProgGH,

All the past downloads are available from the release notes page. (or now here for 3500+).

You can download those and install at any time but only builds released before your subscription expiry date will work with your license.

Also note that when you renew your license it extends 12 months from its old expiry date - not from the date you renew. Once you renew all past builds will work with your new license.

Brad

Ah, for some reason I had thought it was the other way. Good to know there’s a page with all the releases, I hadn’t known that either. Cool, thanks!