Why does a modelled VST take longer to load?

Dennis,

Did you try launching task mgr while PT is loaded, just to make sure it is the only culprit? I am thinking like Fred (there’s comedy somewhere in that statement :grin: ), I would surely want to track down the problem just in case. Why are you unable to upgrade OS?

Hey Corky,

re O/S I have no idea. W10 simply refuses. I downloads them, runs the full install routine, then says it is aborting and restoring previous version. I have updated all other system drivers, including graphics and the Windows Security Centre Virus definitions (as these I have read can cause the OS updates to not work) but to no avail. It is really quite odd.

I have a hunch that if I fully wipe hard drive and re-install from scratch it’d probably then work, but as this laptop is not used for games or internet (apart from driver software updates) I’m not sure I could be bothered.

Dennis

PS: oh re the task mgr - no, but I will try that too.

1 Like

Might want to check this out on your upgrades.

haha thx m8 - already been there and done that! I’ve tried pretty much every tip online I reckon (and there are lots!!) but nothing works. It keeps reverting to this restore previous version routine!

So I am surmising it is some nondescript driver somewhere that has been corrupted somehow that would take a week to find that W10 update is getting hung up on! Plus I’ll add that even though I have the Pro version update reminders cannot be turned off (even with registry tweaks). Nah, a full re-install is about the only option now, so I will wait til I upgrade the laptop re-install a C3 backup and go from there.

So now HERE is the weird thing - been playing with this again this morning (here) and PT is now playing nicely [WTF!! #$%^ ] opening in about 2 seconds and so far no glitching…
wall

1 Like

Wow. Dontcha just love computers? They make my life so…interesting. :scream:

3 Likes