What's the current position on VST3 plug-ins?

What’s the current position with VST3 plug-ins?

I just hit a situation where I only had the VST3 instance of a plug and I was a bit surprised when Cantabile couldn’t see it. I installed the VST2 to cure the problem.

Looking back I see that work to embrace VST3 was abandoned, or have things moved on since then and I’m doing something dumb?

I think that Cantabile is still VST 2 only? So I don;t think you are doing anything wrong…

That’s a shame. I’d begun to make it a point to only install VST3 versions of my plugs. I’ll have to back out from that approach.

Thanks for letting me know.

It now makes sense why I’ve never seen a plug in Cantabile’s list shown as being VST3. I hadn’t questioned that until now!

I just bought Cantabile Solo version. I did not know VST3 problem.
Roland cloud VSTs are only VST3 so i cannot use them at all.
Waht a shame.

Afaik roland sound cloud plugs ARE available in vst2 format (I definitely tried them some month ago but decided not to subscribe). I remember there was lots of conversation here in this forum about authorization and some graphic issues…

1 Like

Roland Cloud VSTis are definitely available as VST2, because I use them with Cantabile!

2 Likes

FWIW, just thought I would confirm that Roland Cloud is working with Cantabile. Check and ensure that you are installing the VST2 versions. I think they ARE installed by default, so maybe you do not have the correct Plugin path for them being given to Cantabile.

Regarding graphic issues that Humphrey mentions, there were redraw issues because of some sloppy CLoud programming, but Brad managed to work around those.

Authorisation is one reason why I would not subscribe as you would not want that kicking in whilst on stage, but the latest releases only require authorisation every few weeks, which works for me.

1 Like

Hi

My mistake. They are in both VST3 and VST2 formats. In my laptop they were in different
directories.

1 Like

They should be in different paths to avoid confusion. And you only need to point Cantabile to the VST2 paths.

I’m currently in the processing of reorganising all of my plugins so that

• Cantabile and Cubase see the same 64 bit plugins that I want to use on both my DAW PC and Gig PC
  • Cubase only sees VST3 plugins, not Cantabile
  • Cubase only sees the 64 bit plugins that I will not use live (e.g. things like BFD3)
  • Cubase sees 32 bit plugins that are JBridged
  • Cantabile sees 32 bit plugins that it will JBridge itself

The idea behind all of this is to make it easier to keep DAW PC and Gig PC in sync in terms of plugin versions. I now only have two folders to copy, along with any preset paths, to keep them in sync.

Oh no…A big mistake from my side!

I try since hours to connect my new Yamaha Montage with Cantabile.
The Montage comes with a pretty good VST3 application “Montage Connect” in order for easy handling the synthie via DAW.
Now I see this posting here, that Cantabile can’t handle VST3.
So…what to do? Give the Yamaha Montage back? I doesn’t make sense to control everything via Cantabile, but the “main actor” can’t be controlled :slight_smile:
I never expected, that this don’t work with Cantabile, even the Yamaha Montage is not really new on the market.
Is there a workaround in order to use the standalone “Montage Connect” windows software together with Cantabile?
The software works e.g. with .X7B files for store/save and recall. Could I send this X7B files from Cantabile to the Montage?
I’m not sure so far, that is stored behind the X7B files beside the performance (loudness?).

This might help … needs testing with your Yamaha VST3 plugin

or

http://hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

this is a standalone vst3 host that might help too if you don’t want to load it in the DAW, not sure if it will get along with C3 though.

Dave

I suppose this brings me back to my original question in this thread… Any plans to implement VST3 support yet?

@dave_dore
Thanks!
The Metaplugin handle the VST3 of the Yamaha Montage.

The Savihost is a great idea, but obvousily it doesn’t convert VST3 into VST2.

1 Like