What foot controllers are you guys using to go to next song next section/part?

These markers make it sooo much easier to define keyboard zones and bindings. Plus, I reference them on a regular basis in my LivePrompter instructions (“left hand pad upper O2-O3”).

Definitely a great help in a live situation when playing complex rigs - especially when the layout changes over the course of a song…

1 Like

I love the idea, I am going to do this too

I do almost exactly the same with O2, O3 etc, but with Live Notes in Cantabile. Hard to remember otherwise, with splits shifting around.

1 Like

Because of tight budget constraints when I first started I created keyswitches using notes on my MX61 keyboard which I didn’t use much.

I have since bought a FCB1010 to move between songs and states, and it is excellent. I have tried to use the expression pedals but the response is lumpy. I tried re-calibrating the unit, to no avail - maybe something to do with the connecting lead.

It us amazing just what I can do with the unit, althpugh from Derek’s experience I would push for the Roland pedal board if pennies allow it as it seems to be just that bit better quality!

Change the EPROM! It becomes obvious very quickly that the factory calibration does not cover all values smoothly. I asked the UNO guy several years ago if there was anything that could be done, and voila. Pedals now smooth. it was 20 EUR at the time. :slight_smile:

Plus, you get a whole bunch of facility that the factory unit does not do, like stomp box mode.
I believe you have to specify that you want the pedal upgrade. Seems the thinking behind the original was to prevent midi data clogging. All it’s done for me is provide correct operation.

Nektar Pacer

Thanks for that, Ade. However I ran into big problem. I followed the UNO link, and was offered a choice: download and write my own EPROM, or buy one ready done, via another link. My Internet Security software said “don’t go there”, but a it was a link from a reputable site, I went there anyway, and inherited a Trojan which disabled my laptop, making it unusable. It is now sorted, but anyone else looking for a FCB1010 EPROM upgrade - be warned!

The voes.be site is outdated - there has been a lot of development around UNO over the past years, with different hardware-specific versions.

Here is the “official” and current site for the UNO chip in its various forms.

The shop on this site should be safe.

So sorry to have sent you to an unsafe site :frowning:
I feel terrible about that - as you saw from my post, it’s been years since I went there.
Kaspersky gave me no warning when I grabbed the link. I hope you’re able to sort that out.
Thanks to Torsten for the updated link.

I use an Ampero Control for this.

I love the big red buttons Torsten, so cool

Rob of AudioFront is a wizard, he never stops improving the eDRUMin drum trigger to midi device.

I have used the FCB 1010 as well and it is excellent. I used an eprom update from here. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Hi mavriq,

I also use the Eureka eprom. I looked at UNO but decided on the Eureka as the IO mode gives you a simple straightforward way to use it with Cantabile.

Doug

I went FC300, having looked at it, the FCB and Yamaha’s equivalent and (strange for Roland) it was the only manual from which I could glean that the product would do what I want. I have never regretted it, it is an amazing controller. I use less of the deep programmability now as I do most of that in Cantabile, but it still does what I want and is built like a tank.