Surge XT Synth - New Juce version of popular free synth

Hey all,

Newbee here but loving Cantabile. Intend to use it live. I also have been looking at Surge XT over the last few days. But I must be doing something wrong. On all my PC’s bar the little laptop I use live, all is good. On the live laptop, Surge has sound drop outs when playing poly synths. Like I’m overloading some buffer. When I play Dexed or even Halion Sonic through Cantabile no problem. So I’m a little put off Surge for now.

I appreciate this is not a Surge forum just a thread but thought I’d add my limited experience.

Cheers
Geoff

Hi @3sheetsand welcome to the Cantabile forum!

I too use a “little laptop” live and had to do some work to make it a glitch-free as possible … many of the steps I’ve taken are outlined in glorious detail in Brad’s excellent “Glitch Free” resource:

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/glitchfree/

… highly recommended!

Thanks Clint,

I’ve read that book and applied all the steps but I’ll give it another read. Perhaps I missed something.

Cheers
Geoff

1 Like

Just to close off. Found the issue, was not Surge as such but the Patch Grand Piano 2022. Works on all other PC’s just not the little laptop. Interesting lesson on different patch characteristics and complexities.

1 Like

Update to version 1.30

Cheers,

Dave

4 Likes

Too bad there is no VST2 (at least in my case…)

Update to version 1.31

Latest Release: XT 1.3.1 (2024-02-06 16:12:07 UTC )

Cheers,

Dave

2 Likes