Stay at home projects

Cool…that’s great! By Chance, do you use B3-X? I am creating a few presets for @Wurli, and will post them soon on the VST Organ thread. Sorry Cantabile isn’t yet available for Mac, cause you guys are really missing out on many great things. Most of all, you miss out on my presets! :wink:

When B5 is not quite sitting right, Amplitube Leslie will bring it to life!

1 Like

Excellent , one man band, you rock Corky :metal: I also play guitar, bass and blues harp, love your performance, great musician and great tone.

1 Like

Thanks Wurli!! :sunglasses:

From all that I read and listen, it seems that B3-X is kinda the definitive Hammond plugin emulation! I will sure get it when the right comination of IK Multimedia promo + Me having some jampoints and money happens!

A great price on B3-X really happened some months ago but I didn’t had the money :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The way I look at it, is if the IK B3-X is endorsed by Hammond-Suzuki, then it must be in the top ranks of emulation for them to provide that endorsement.

Obviously we will have different tastes, and a specific plugin may be better for getting a specific sound.

Which is why I have an arsenal of Hammonds. Kinda like my usage of B5 above :arrow_up:
I knew it would fit perfectly into the project with it’s amazing Gospel tones. Not saying the others wouldn’t…just knew what I wanted, and where to get it. VB3 1.4, VB3 II, Blue3, B5, B3-X, and others, still reside in my setlists.

Example: I was looking for a specific organ tone in Clapton’s live version of “Can’t Find My Way Home”. This was before B3-X entered the scene. I settled on VB3 II with IK Leslie. While VB3 II is not a favorite, I tuned right in after adding IK Leslie. These two paired together can really make some magic. That is why I paired IK with all my presets. In most instances, IK made things better. It’s all about the song, where it sits in the mix, and playability. Being satisfied with the instrument you are playing makes one’s performance excel.

I spend much time finding my desired tone, whether Hammond, Guitar Sims,Bass, Piano…whatever. It is a great feeling knowing the next song will automatically have what I need to put a smile on my performance…no worries, no hassles, no distraction, perfect song execution. Happy me, happy band, happy audience, happy tip bucket!

3 Likes

I agree… That said though, B3-X is pretty much my go-to at this point.

1 Like

Here’s a cover that I started before COVID, but ended up finishing and mixing it (didn’t see this thread before today).

Song for My Father (Azzarello, Marshall, Miller, Sucherman)

Real players on drums, guitar and bass with my arranging and keyboard playing. Lot of fun to work on, and it was great to collaborate with some great players on this.

Pat

5 Likes

Love that. Great production.

It says I cant listen 'cos I am not authorised to download the file - or something similar :slight_smile:

[https://youtu.be/NC7v-4rRK7s]

6 Likes

Nice !!

Real nice!!

I recorded that whole freaking album in April and haven’t touched it since. There it sits in the same state- one song with no ending and no vocals for any of it. And dammit, I listened to it the other day and it’s really good lol I need to get fired up and finish it. Part of the problem is I hate my voice. I’m thinking about trying to do the vocals some other way- Vocaliod, random screams, dog though Melodyne, anything.

This project, for the annual A Leg To Stand On Rocktoberfest fundraiser (www.altso.org/rocktoberfest) was stay at home for all practice until we got together at Euphoria Studios in NYC with only enough time to run through the songs twice. In the rush to setup the tripod I forgot to make sure it was tight so the kick drum was vibrating the iPhone 8 we shot these with. Our guitar player’s son in LA sent us his parts. My bass was recorded direct out of an Aguilar DB750. Normally the event is at the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square with about 15 bands. Most of the musicians work at financial firms in the New York area. The virtual event raised almost as much as the live event. ALTSO provides prosthetic limbs for kids in areas where they otherwise might not get them.

Squeezebox

Bang a Gong

3 Likes

That would definitely sound better than my voice thru Melodyne…

1 Like

Working on a new project/video. Hope to have it done in a few weeks. Thought I’d better dress up a little for this one, and be somewhat “classical”. :grin:

WSOP 1A

8 Likes

When Tony Rice passed a few days ago they ran some of his old interviews and he commented on how spiffing up for the gig was a necessity. Jacket and tie and trim the whiskers please :grin: … Thanks for the listen when it comes!

Dave

1 Like

Cool, can’t wait!

My Whiskers and long hair vanished yesterday. I haven’t shaved or had a haircut since the 1st shutdown in March. I was hoping for a fill in job for ZZ Top, but was tired of eating beard with my food. :wink:

2 Likes