Question for you guys who still use external slave hardware

Thanks @Torsten, I was going to try and dig out that post you wrote, as I remembered you writing it and that it was very clear! It’s also pretty much exactly how I make such racks that represent external hardware. :slight_smile:

Neil

Thanks @Torsten. I got it working but one thing still confuses me. When I have my audio routed to an FX plugin inside my rack and I disable that plugin why do I still hear a dry signal? I would assume that all audio would be cut off completely at that point. Is that normal or am I missing something else?

Thanks

Hmm, sounds like a routing issue. First, as a quick double-check, test one thing: instead of disabling the plugin in the rack, gradually turn down its output gain to -oo and give things a listen. If you still hear the dry signal, there’s definitely something wrong with the routing. Use Cantabile’s output meters to check if the dry signal still appears at the rack level (rack should have no signal) and if there is an overall output signal in Cantabile. If Cantabile overall shows no output level, then there is an routing issue in your audio interface - the input signal gets routed through to the output at the interface / driver level. In that case, check your audio interface routing/mixer panel.

Cheers,

Torsten

1 Like

Got it. I went back to square one just working with an incoming audio signal and keyboard local set to on. Finally figured out I needed to create a couple of mono audio ports. No more problems, works great.
Thank you!

1 Like