After try and error: the settings for Yamaha Montage works are as following:

Under settings ā€œFormattingā€
Program Numbers = One Based
Program Banks = Bank and Program Combined
RPN Numbers = Zero Padded

Input in under bindings:
Action = Program Change Banked

Value >>> this was first confusing me, CAUSE
The input values for a Yamaha Montage Performance e.g. 063.001.110 (value input field),
causes directly after input and enter a different shown number in Performer!
It results in e.g. 1048580 shown in the value field.

BUTā€¦main thing: it works in order to save/store and recall on that way the defined performances of the Montage :slight_smile:

This is because you have set your Formatting preferences to ā€œProgram Banks = Bank and Program Combinedā€. If you set it to "Program Banks = ā€œMSB, LSB separateā€, it will display as 63.1.110.

BTW: you donā€™t need to use leading zeroes when entering the values: 063.001.110 isnā€™t needed - Cantabile will understand 63.1.110 just as well, independent of formatting settings.

Cheers,

Torsten

I donā€™t think so - look here:

Value separator is ā€œ;ā€ on my system.

And this makes sense for floating point values; on a German system, commas are used for decimals:

So Cantabile is smarter than its creator thinks :rofl:

Cheers,

Torsten

Wouldnā€™t be hard nor the first time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello together, I hope your all fine in this strange times.

Sorry, that I come back with this very old topic.
Reasons: I switched very late to the current version of CP with the graphical routings after I had to build up my pc system completely new. I made a big mistake in backup the old PC by not saving the old settings of my last Cantabile version; I saved only the racks and songs :frowning: .
So I start now on some topics from the scratch with Cantabile. The good thing is: the most songs/racks, where only VSTi were included, needed only some new routings to use them further.

Where I struggle are the program changes for my Yamaha Montage. All songs/racks I made in the past donā€™t work. E.g. all in the past saved banked program numbers within bindings per rack state are empty now then loading in the ā€œnewā€ Cantabile version. Iā€™m not sure, but I guess, that the routing concept of CP changed.

I tried so far many things/routings in build up new songs/racks in order to send program changes from CP to the Montage and Iā€™m not successful. I tried already the changes in MSB/LSB settings, which were named here in the past and tried several combinations.
The first thing, what I recognized: in the bindings settings ā€œtargetā€ I donā€™t find my Montage. I find only ā€œOutput Port - Rack: Midi Outā€. In the CP settings for ā€œMidi Portsā€ I have already all Montage Midi In and Out combinations (as in the past).

It would be great, If you/somebody could tell me, how to setup a rack/song with program changes for several performances sending to my Montage.

There are several threads referring to Montage. I found this one, and hopefully it will help you. Just type ā€œmontageā€ in the search engine, and many threads will be at your disposal.

I donā€™t have Montage, but hope this might help you.

1 Like

Hi @Corky,

thanks a lot for this solution. This is a complete different workflow.
Meanwhile I found a Arcronis fullback up file, where I could reload the Cantabile settings files.
I copied them into the new Windows 10 20H2 installation (different folder structures as before!) and it works :slight_smile:
I can change again the performances within my Montage via CP by the here discussed workflow very easy.

2 Likes